G Shock Serial Number

Thread: G Shock Serial Number

Question G Shock Serial Number

Hi,
    Recently got my riseman and noticed on the back there was a serial number. Its a number that reads something like 202A, three numbers and then a capital letter. Does anyone know what this means?
    Thanks, Will.

Re: G Shock Serial Number

There's been a couple recent threads on this topic.

I think the general consensus is that these are not unique serial numbers, but rather batch numbers. So a few G-Shocks will share that same number. I don't know how many watches are in each batch though. There's a few other models that have this as well.

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply . I looked into it and on another thread, it said that the 202A represented the location, the next 3 numbers represented the day of the year and the letter at the end represented the year. It seems to make sense. Does anyone know if its true?
    Cheers Will.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lvt

Hmmm, mine doesn't have any number, maybe it's a limited edition and the number has to be hidden
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by lolman45 View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply . I looked into it and on another thread, it said that the 202A represented the location, the next 3 numbers represented the day of the year and the letter at the end represented the year. It seems to make sense. Does anyone know if its true?
    Cheers Will.
    I think the theory has to be regarded as speculative without further supporting evidence.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

All G-Shocks produced in the last years seem to have this number, but for some reason there is no official Casio source where we can check what the numbers and letters stand for and whether it is indeed serial or batch..

Paul

Thread Information