Which G-Shock Should I Buy?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Which G-Shock Should I Buy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which G-Shock Should I Buy?

Hello, I am interested in buying 3 different G-Shocks but I'm not sure on which I should buy and that's why I need your help so I can decide. I really like the models: DW6900NB-7, G-8900SC-7, GDX6900-1. Can you please help me decide, thanks!

Sorry I forgot to add pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images

alexs12 likes this.

Re: Which G-Shock Should I Buy?

white bezel will get "life battle scars" every easy and often, otherwise I like 8900 most

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As the title says, "Start Here": https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/sta...ck-850524.html

Think about the answers to some of the questions that thread will ask you to think about. For what sort of "intended use" are you choosing a G-Shock? Are you expecting it to fit under sleeves? Are you willing to push a button to tell the time indoors? (Negative displays -- light numbers on a black background -- are generally harder to read in dim light than the dark numbers on a light background of a positive display.)

If you're going to wear your G for any sort of outdoor activity (or even a lot of indoor activities) you should know that light colored G-Shock straps and bezels pick up dirt and stains easily -- black G's may pick up the same stains but they won't show it. Are you willing to clean your G on a regular basis and/or buy replacement resin, or do you want one that requires less maintenance?

Almost every G-Shock is a great watch; there aren't many "lemons" and as far as I know there aren't any "known issues" with any of those three.

You know yourself and what you want the watch for -- we don't -- so asking us to choose might not be as much help as you'd like!
    d2mac and soulbridgemedia like this.

Thanks, I will probably be using the watch outdoors since I'm a very active person but I want to know what watch you'd recommended. Which one is better in your opinion, and why...

I wouldn't get a white one if you're active, they stain easily. Even the glossy ones will show wear.

I'd also go and see a negative display in person before you commit to one, pictures/video will never show it the way that you'll see it in real life. Some people like them, others (like myself) don't.

As far as features, the DW has no world time, and only 1 alarm, if that stuff is of any particular use to you. GD-X has 3 alarms, 8900 has 5. The DW will display home time in the stopwatch & countdown timers, the other two don't. Other features are mostly typical and straight forward. (Anyone feel free to correct me if the 8900 has something else, I don't own that one)

Also consider the size. The 8900 and the GD-X are pretty large models, I personally like that, especially on the GD-X, but you might not appreciate the extra size.

If you want to know what I'd go with... Either 6900, depending on what size you want. And with a positive display so you can actually see it :P

Quote Originally Posted by LankyOrangutan View Post
    I wouldn't get a white one if you're active, they stain easily. Even the glossy ones will show wear.

I'd also go and see a negative display in person before you commit to one, pictures/video will never show it the way that you'll see it in real life. Some people like them, others (like myself) don't.

As far as features, the DW has no world time, and only 1 alarm, if that stuff is of any particular use to you. GD-X has 3 alarms, 8900 has 5. The DW will display home time in the stopwatch & countdown timers, the other two don't. Other features are mostly typical and straight forward. (Anyone feel free to correct me if the 8900 has something else, I don't own that one)

Also consider the size. The 8900 and the GD-X are pretty large models, I personally like that, especially on the GD-X, but you might not appreciate the extra size.

If you want to know what I'd go with... Either 6900, depending on what size you want. And with a positive display so you can actually see it :P
    Completely agree on all counts, ESPECIALLY the "go see a negative display at a store in person," even if it's a different model. Casio's pictures (and videos) are done in the best possible studio lighting and negative displays seldom if ever look as good in real life.

In addition to "world time mode," the G-8900 also has "4 city multi-time," whatever that is. (Maybe the user doesn't have to scroll through or past all 31 cities in the list in order to check the 4 most-frequently checked cities?)

The DW-6900 has been around since 1995, so it's an iconic, battle-proven G-Shock, with the older electro-luminescent backlight, similar to Timex's "Indiglo." The other two models are newer, larger, and use the newer LED lighting.

Thanks for the info, I think I might get the 8900!

White is a nightmare to keep clean... I struggle with yellow. Can't imagine what white would be like!

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by J.Gomez031102 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I think I might get the 8900!
    As widgydidge said, white resin is so difficult to keep clean that I just found 19 threads about "how do I clean a white G-Shock or keep it clean?" before I stopped counting on page 3 of this Google search of the forum: https://www.google.com/search?q=site...+white&start=0

White G's look great, but you might want to read a few of those threads before you buy one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information