G-Shock size vs my wrist
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: G-Shock size vs my wrist

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

G-Shock size vs my wrist

Guys, I'm looking at the G-Shock GA-150-1A at the moment. But im worried that it might look huge on my small wrist (6.3-6.5"). Any opinion? I can't try it live as I'm going to order it online.
    JohnQFord likes this.

Re: G-Shock size vs my wrist

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Khoo View Post
    Guys, I'm looking at the G-Shock GA-150-1A at the moment. But im worried that it might look huge on my small wrist (6.3-6.5"). Any opinion? I can't try it live as I'm going to order it online.
    Are you not worrying about the wrong thing? There are plenty of exercises you can do to get bigger wrists, both with and without weights. Hence: [1] get the watch and (optionally) [2] get bigger and stronger arms. Refer to a strength training forum for the latter. Never give up!
    Cobia and Spirit of the Watch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by torgny View Post
    Are you not worrying about the wrong thing? There are plenty of exercises you can do to get bigger wrists, both with and without weights. Hence: [1] get the watch and (optionally) [2] get bigger and stronger arms. Refer to a strength training forum for the latter. Never give up!
    That's not really true, not much can be done about wrist size. There is very small amount of muscle around the wrist so it's hard to put some size on them. Best way to get bigger wrist is to get bigger overall. You can't really focus just on the wrists.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

For the sake of reference, it is a fair size.

Attachment 7420690

By comparison, the watch below is 55 x 51.9 x 18.3 shown on my 7" wrist:
    Name:  WUS 0.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  107.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by JohnQFord; March 13th, 2016 at 19:37.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    That's not really true, not much can be done about wrist size. There is very small amount of muscle around the wrist so it's hard to put some size on them. Best way to get bigger wrist is to get bigger overall. You can't really focus just on the wrists.
    Then do you think it will look huge on my small wrist? I really like the design but the size is what im concerned of.

Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnQFord View Post
    For the sake of reference, it is a fair size.

Attachment 7420690

By comparison, the watch below is 55 x 51.9 x 18.3 shown on my 7" wrist:
    Name:  WUS 0.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  107.8 KB

Does it look big on your wrist? Because my wrist is more than half an inch smaller than yours
    JohnQFord likes this.

I can't speak for that particular model of G-Shock, but here's a FANTASTIC thread about how https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/wri...g-1039113.html

It's a short post with lots of pictures, but the takeaway is that "most people hold the camera close to the watch, which makes the watch look even larger."
    GaryK30 and tmztmz like this.

I recently saw a petite girl wearing a black ga-200. The watch looks huge on her wrists but she was not bothered by it. I think it looks cool on her too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I can't speak for that particular model of G-Shock, but here's a FANTASTIC thread about how

It's a short post with lots of pictures, but the takeaway is that "most people hold the camera close to the watch, which makes the watch look even larger."
    Thanks Mike! But those watches are not as big as the Gs. Hope someone with gshock will notice this post:)

have a quick search for the many MANY threads asking about Gs on small wrists. the usual suggestions range from buying the smallest Gs (eg. 5600s) to understanding life is too short to care what others think, if you like the watch go for it.

that said, the ga150 has a slightly smaller look on wrist than the common ga100/110s but its a little wider across the wrist thanks to its thicker lug sections. its also hard to guage exactly what it will look like on YOUR wrist even if someone has the same size as its also a matter of the shape of your wrist. it seems if you have a smaller wrist but with a flat top you can pull off more Gs. personally i dont buy Gs cos theyre small ;)
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information