WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

G-Shock solar powered foggy problem!

12K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  slamwatch 
#1 ·
Hey, hope I'm not doing anything wrong here, but been seen some pics on Instagram about some dudes in the oriental part of our beautiful earth, and the manage to clean that foggy inside the glass, some remove the glass and solar panel, others like these pics, as I can see, and understand, it doesn't look the glass was removed, did anyone try our did something similar?

See less See more
#5 ·
All? Did you opened them before?
I have a G-5600A that has the same problem. Moisture was trapped between the glass and the solar panel. But the middle or display area is clear, so it is just fine with me.
I dismatled two or three 9200 Riseman before and I know that the glass and solar panel are attached together using a very thin double adhesive tape. Separating them is a little bit tricky. Use some heat to weaken the adhesive. Putting them together requires a very steady hands or else mis-alignment will occur.

#9 ·
My squares I’m referring to are all gw5000 variants where the solar panel can be easily removed. On the regular plastic case models the solar panel is built into the case and can’t be removed. They have the same residue but you can’t do anything about it since you can’t remove the solar panel. The residue is between the solar panel and the glass. Usually both surfaces are coated with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
I try my luck on my gw-6900bc since this is one of the solar panels there are no trapped between the glass and the case, I did not take a lot of photos this was just a try, and it's not perfectly clean some minor fog and dust particuls still stay inside! I will have to find some better product to clean the solar panel!
What I notice was, they use a lot of glue beside of the module, it has three more parts inside all glued, if you're gonna try it I advise to eat the watch with an hairdryer, in specific fore the solar panel because the glass is really fragille in the edges, but it is thick!here are some photos first one I forgot to take with the module inside, but you can clearly see the fog, the other two are from the solar panel, second one I just pass my finger cleaning half of it, final one is the watch assembled with an almost clean solar panel!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.