Normally I'm lurking in the SCO forum but today I need some advice from the G-Shock experts.
I'm in the market for a new sports watch. The G-Shock line interests me because of the legendary toughness and the dizzying choice of models and features. I've been searching the web and these forums but I'm more confused now than before I started . I'm hoping that if I provide some very specific criteria to the members of this forum you will help me chose a quality timepiece.
1. Durable (with ability to replace bands as they break)
2. Accurate (atomic OK but not a deal-breaker)
3. At least 100m water resist (will be exposed to fresh and salt water)
4. Countdown timer with auto repeat (must be able to run simultaneously with chronograph - important during bike races)
5. At least one alarm, the louder the better
6. Scratch-resistant display
7. Good battery life (solar OK but not a deal-breaker)
1. Dual time zone display or ability to track two clocks (helpful for tracking race time and local time or when doing business with our work team in India)
2. Resists cold (sometimes worn over gloves when snowshoeing)
I'm looking for a robust watch to use for cycling, kayaking, skiing, snowshoeing and weekend casual wear. I'm kind of a gadget nut and features like tide graphs and compasses do not turn me off. Crazy colors are also OK but they might look odd if I ever have to wear a G-Shock to the office .
Many thanks in advance for your advice.