G-shock Strap help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike K

Thread: G-shock Strap help

G-shock Strap help

Hey guys I have had my DW-6900MS for about 4 years now and I almost never take it off except when I play rugby I shower, sleep, eat and just about everything else with it on but now on the keeper there seems to be some sort of cracking/ pitting and I am confused as to what is going on. I don't know if I need to get a new band, or if it is nothing but normal wear and tear I have included some pictures to show what I'm talking about any help would be great Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: G-shock Strap help

Welcome to Watchuseek!

Sad to say, that looks like "normal wear and tear" from here -- G-Shock straps and bezels DO wear out eventually, and some chemicals like sunscreen and bug repellent can make the resin break down faster.

Casio doesn't sell strap keepers individually, so your options are probably:

1) buy a new strap and keeper from pacparts.com if you're in the US, tixtox.com if you're in the UK or Europe, and/or eBay,
    2) use a rubber O-ring as a replacement strap keeper,
    3) several WUS members have also used nylon-covered ponytail holders as strap keepers ( the small ones that look like black rubber bands, like these ) ,
    4) several WUS members have purchased replacement strap keepers from eBay, as discussed in this thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/aft...s-1347842.html

The "good news" is that with option #1, you have a wide range of choices of Casio straps that will fit perfectly, but look different. The DW-6900 uses the VERY common 16mm springbars, which means straps from many other models will fit, and if you wanted to change things up with a colored strap, there are a LOT of colors to choose from! Options #2 and #3 are very inexpensive if you know where to shop -- O-rings are sometimes sold individually at many auto parts and hardware stores, and should cost $0.50 or so, and ponytail holders are usually $3 for a pack of 20 or 25 at most pharmacies, grocery stores, etc. Option #4 is also inexpensive, but from some other threads it seems that "free shipping from China" can take a few weeks.
    Shofixti likes this.

Re: G-shock Strap help

Thank you for such a quick reply and I will look into those option

Thread Information