G-Shock survey results

Thread: G-Shock survey results

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

G-Shock survey results

For any of you with the ability to read Japanese, here are the results of a survey conducted by Casio on March 7th and 8th of this year though an online questionnaire.

http://www.casio.co.jp/release/2008/...shock_ques.pdf

Re: G-Shock survey results

They really should send us one of those...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonJade View Post
    For any of you with the ability to read Japanese, here are the results of a survey conducted by Casio on March 7th and 8th of this year though an online questionnaire.

http://www.casio.co.jp/release/2008/...shock_ques.pdf
    OK I give up, what does it say roughly?
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

1. Everybody wants more dayglo limited editions in collaboration with companies that no-one outside Japan has ever heard of.
    2. 500 Baby-G variants aren't enough.
    3. The whole range should centre on the taste of 14-18 year-olds with hyperactivity disorders and too much money.
    4. There should be a white and gold model with a pop-up ballerina.
    5. All sales should be restricted to Japan so there's plenty to go round.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Ooooh, I like the pop up ballerina idea
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    1. Everybody wants more dayglo limited editions in collaboration with companies that no-one outside Japan has ever heard of.
    2. 500 Baby-G variants aren't enough.
    3. The whole range should centre on the taste of 14-18 year-olds with hyperactivity disorders and too much money.
    4. There should be a white and gold model with a pop-up ballerina.
    5. All sales should be restricted to Japan so there's plenty to go round.
    Wow. Your Japanese has really improved recently. Have you been watching all those Godzilla films again?

There you go again, Tribe!

---

6. The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Series should include all colors known or to be known to mankind. Once there are no more, bicolor combinations should be mandatory.

7. Don't make a watch with the features EVERYBODY wants. Do make one with one less important feature, then make another watch--in Limited Edition, 500 copies, in Japan only--with said missing feature, and charge twice as much.
    Buying more watches does not buy you more time.

Looking for: Seiko SCVS013; Citizen PMX56-2811; Citizen Campanola CTS57-0701.

tribe125, Hahahahahaha...

I do love my G-Shocks, but I do vomit a little in my mouth every time I see one of those brightly coloured limited edition jobs that seem to be incredibly expensive and otherwise identical to a more tastefully coloured model...

Quote Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
    tribe125, Hahahahahaha...

I do love my G-Shocks, but I do vomit a little in my mouth every time I see one of those brightly coloured limited edition jobs that seem to be incredibly expensive and otherwise identical to a more tastefully coloured model...
    Question:

Why do you equate bright colors with bad taste and why do you think you dislike strong color details on people and yourelf?

I think this is very interesting why some people dislike colored watches while others like em more. Me personally like strong colors and have all my life been attracted to strong colors even shock pink.

Another interesting observation by me regarding the other people who themselfs dont like to wear bright colors they can still appreciate colors when other people are wearing them. Its like this notion "colors for some others but not for me" kind of thing.

Another observation I made is that of self restriction, some people do like colors and would like to wear something colorful but dont have the confidence to do so(perhaps they are affraid of getting their manhood questioned) so they play it safe and always go for the more mondane.

This thing with colors certainly is interseting and there definetly is a cultural aspect to it. In the western world certain colors is asociated with a certain gender or age. But in Japan there is much more colors on people. perhaps they very hectic working life in Japan with very lite free time is somewhat compensated by a more playfull and allowing mindset when it comes to more childlish things in life and toys to play with aswell on the spare time. While in the western world the current ideal seems to be a more repressing regime against men that tells you to be as dull and boring as possible to be fully accepted as an "adult mature man".

Another factor that do play a part in this cultural aspect is the times in which we live in. during the 80's and 90's there where a much higher tolerance for strong colors on people. And those times where also more happy decades while the first decade of the 21'th century has been more depressing and was not very good especially in the US. Its like the world is in a depression and as a result more restriction is put on colors. I personally hopes for a more bright next decade and once again more colorfull stuff that men wears in the west. The Japanese people should be taken as a role modell for the western man when it comes to the use of colors!

My own perception is use what you like and if you wear something with confidence like Sjors does in his brightly red Frogman most people will not question your or your manhood and it might even be appreciated.

MORE COLORS TO THE WORLD!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information