G shock tool sizes
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Knives and Lint
  • 2 Post By Rocat

Thread: G shock tool sizes

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member Oldbugr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    278

    G shock tool sizes

    Guys, I'd like to order some quality Phillips screw drivers and was hoping for some sizes? I'm assuming there metric? I need the common sizes for band, bezel changes, and opening the back for battery changes-which I believe is a standard tip. I currently have a gw6900, gw9400 rangeman, ga100, any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Member Knives and Lint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Seattle(West)/Florida(NSB)
    Posts
    3,285

    Re: G shock tool sizes

    Actually, many Japanese electronics including G-Shocks use JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) screw heads which are slightly different than standard Phillips. Below is a set that I ordered at the suggestion of members here. It seems to be of good quality and has suited my needs well.

    Moody Tools - JIS Type S Driver Set, 4Pc Pollicis - 58-0405 - Phillips Head Screwdrivers - Amazon.com

  3. #3
    Member Mike K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    5,784

    Re: G shock tool sizes

    At the other end of the spectrum, I know a few other members (and I) have had great success with Shop Kobalt 8-Piece 5-1/4-in Multi-Bit Screwdriver at Lowes.com

    Philips head sizes 1, 0, 00, and 000, and equally tiny non-metric straight blades in 5/64, 3/32, 1/8 and 1/16.

    They're strong enough that I actually twisted the tip of a cheap Radio Shack screwdriver with one, fighting with double-ended bracelet screws.

    For the most part, though, unless you're fighting factory LocTite or a metal screw corroded into a metal case on a vintage DW-5600C, we're working with TINY little screws threaded into PLASTIC! We don't really need MAC or SnapOn grade tools for those. Heck, half the time I don't even bother putting the 1.5" long bit into the driver handle -- there's that little leverage needed!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    12,983

    Re: G shock tool sizes

    Try Home Depot $7.00 for the multi screwdriver kit HD-74501 AC it has #0 #00 #000 Phillips and flathead on the other side. Then $7.00 spring bar tool and you are set for 99% of anything you want or could do to a G-Shock
    G-fob and Nurse.IT like this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko



  6. #5
    Member Oldbugr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    278

    Re: G shock tool sizes

    Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it!! Eric

  7. #6
    Member Nurse.IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    ILL
    Posts
    358

    Re: G shock tool sizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    At the other end of the spectrum, I know a few other members (and I) have had great success with Shop Kobalt 8-Piece 5-1/4-in Multi-Bit Screwdriver at Lowes.com

    Philips head sizes 1, 0, 00, and 000, and equally tiny non-metric straight blades in 5/64, 3/32, 1/8 and 1/16.

    They're strong enough that I actually twisted the tip of a cheap Radio Shack screwdriver with one, fighting with double-ended bracelet screws.

    For the most part, though, unless you're fighting factory LocTite or a metal screw corroded into a metal case on a vintage DW-5600C, we're working with TINY little screws threaded into PLASTIC! We don't really need MAC or SnapOn grade tools for those. Heck, half the time I don't even bother putting the 1.5" long bit into the driver handle -- there's that little leverage needed!
    The link shows torx screw bits. Not philips or flat screws. Probably you got the wrong link.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    Try Home Depot $7.00 for the multi screwdriver kit HD-74501 AC it has #0 #00 #000 Phillips and flathead on the other side. Then $7.00 spring bar tool and you are set for 99% of anything you want or could do to a G-Shock
    I used this one too. Husky brand from Home Depot. I saw it in the tool section of G-shock Wiki.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    12,983

    Re: G shock tool sizes

    I use mine nearly every week.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko



  9. #8
    Member Mike K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    5,784

    Re: G shock tool sizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse.IT View Post
    The link shows torx screw bits. Not philips or flat screws. Probably you got the wrong link.
    I did -- the older, basic version (which looked just like the one in the link, except for the bits) has apparently been superseded by the ratcheting version ( Shop Kobalt 1-in x 5-in 7-in-1 Multi-Bit Micro Screwdriver at Lowes.com ) and the EIGHTEEN piece version: Shop Kobalt 18-Piece 5-in Multi-Bit Screwdriver at Lowes.com

    Or, the old one might still be in stores and I just can't find it on their website.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Bezel insert sizes - a reference tool
      By User_Refined in forum Watchmaking
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: April 11th, 2019, 00:22
    2. G Shock face sizes?
      By smw5767 in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: February 20th, 2012, 04:00
    3. Bergoen sprinbar tool sizes
      By peters in forum Breitling
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: February 14th, 2008, 21:49
    4. Poll: G-Shock sizes - part 2 of 3
      By Rasmus in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: October 29th, 2006, 19:53
    5. Poll: G-Shock sizes - part 3 of 3
      By Rasmus in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: October 29th, 2006, 11:58

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •