g shock for a train

Thread: g shock for a train

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member agriniofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    375

    g shock for a train

    i myself i work as a train driver and better is locomotive driver
    i never new that casio made a watch dedicated to trains
    now iam in a mission to find it and buy it
    495 to beat sjors but this is THE watch for me
    the rail star is fantastic a real treasure
    i hope i find one
    the search is...on

  2. #2
    Member MarcsOnFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    260

    Re: g shock for a train

    Sjors obviously ( ) has one...........

    http://50-gs.blogspot.com/2010/04/14...rail-star.html

    Good luck finding one.
    Last edited by MarcsOnFire; July 21st, 2010 at 18:32.
    Breitling: Ti Chrono Avenger. Blue Dial. Ti Bracelet and Brown Leather Croc Strap w/Deployant
    Casio: GA-100A-1A1ER | GA-100A-7ADR Franken-Watch "StormTrooper" | GW-M5600-1ER | TS-100 | DW-5600C-9CV | DW-5600C-1V | GW-6900BC-1ER | DW-5200C-9 | GXW-56-4JF| G-001-2DR | GF-1000BP-1DR
    Diesel: DZ9039 Skeleton Automatic
    Sicura:
    1970's Mechanical Digital

    Storm:
    V2 Vice Stainless Limited Edition


  3. #3
    Member Mecha-Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,240

    Re: g shock for a train

    Just a heads up. I saw one for sale on the bay a week or so ago. Price was a little high. Check the completed items listing. I don't think it sold



    Quote Originally Posted by agriniofc View Post
    i myself i work as a train driver and better is locomotive driver
    i never new that casio made a watch dedicated to trains
    now iam in a mission to find it and buy it
    495 to beat sjors but this is THE watch for me
    the rail star is fantastic a real treasure
    i hope i find one
    the search is...on
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member perfectlykevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,719

    Re: g shock for a train

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcsOnFire View Post
    Sjors obviously ( ) has one...........

    http://50-gs.blogspot.com/2010/04/14...rail-star.html

    Good luck finding one.
    That's very nice, haven't seen that before.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    376

    Re: g shock for a train

    Yeah, I love trains :)

    And yeah, it's a nice watch but for me it would have to be atomic ;)

    I love having the time set to the exact second and then when I compare it to the clock at the station I see it's spot on :)

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cornwall/Sea
    Posts
    90

    Re: g shock for a train

    Quote Originally Posted by madman01 View Post
    Yeah, I love trains :)

    And yeah, it's a nice watch but for me it would have to be atomic ;)

    I love having the time set to the exact second and then when I compare it to the clock at the station I see it's spot on :)
    I wouldn't say I love trains, but for the moment I use them a lot.
    I'm not sure I'd love the to-the-second accuracy for British Rail (as was) as the only one that left on time in the past 14 months (for me) was the one I missed by about 30 seconds... All the times I've looked out the window and seen we've been late... C'est la vie.


    WKO

  8. #7
    Member pietervn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    546

    Re: g shock for a train

    Quote Originally Posted by Watchkeeping Officer View Post
    I wouldn't say I love trains, but for the moment I use them a lot.
    I'm not sure I'd love the to-the-second accuracy for British Rail (as was) as the only one that left on time in the past 14 months (for me) was the one I missed by about 30 seconds... All the times I've looked out the window and seen we've been late... C'est la vie.


    WKO
    Hi,

    I set my watch about a minute ahead of CityRail time here is Oz. Our guards are not allowed to let the train go before the correct time (usually ), displayed on the train radios and platforms.

    Next time shout to the guard , maybe he'll keep the train for you!!!

    Pieter

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    376

    Re: g shock for a train

    Mind you, in the UK the trains can close their door up to 30 seconds prior to the departure time; I think I have seen sometimes even 1 minute, or closing the gates to the platform 2 minutes before the departure for some long-distance trains; but the 30 seconds is the usual thing.

    You need to have this in mind if you want to be on time ;)

    You can read about it in my old thread:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=91474

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •