G-Shock Ultimate Sizing Guide(s)! WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By MrCheez

Thread: G-Shock Ultimate Sizing Guide(s)! WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

G-Shock Ultimate Sizing Guide(s)! WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Hey, I've seen way too many posts asking wether a certain watch is too large for a certain sized wrist, so here is the ultimate sizing guide! The way it works is that you print out a piece of paper with the specific watch on a 1:1 scale (same size as actual), then you can cut it out and fit it on wrist to see if the size fits you. I have already created one for the Rangeman (GW-9400) cause I have it and the watch seems to be the one mentioned the most.

I have also linked a creation kit below so you can create one for your own favorite watch (or all the watches) so please contribute (mainly because I don't have loads of time)! When you are done upload it (the orig pptx and a pdf) to this thread so everybody (especially those without a watch store nearby) can see and "try out" all the watches! Let's see if we can also get a subforum going for this if it proves to be really useful and if lots of people contribute!
    There are full instructions in the kit and it should be fairly simple, around 5 minutes or less if you are fairly techy! Note that it might take you 5 or 10 minutes, but can possibly save hours of time for others (to go to a watch store and try watches)!

I hope these are useful, and please do check out my Rangeman one and give me some additional tips and advice or potential improvements I could make to these even if you don't want to contribute! WE NEED ALL OF YOU TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN! Feel free to spread this to other forums too, but remember to give me credit (hehe)!

Link to creation kit: http://......./1O9rhuW
    (sry I couldn't upload as attachment for some reason)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cobia, Crater and Andrew_navigator like this.

Re: G-Shock Ultimate Sizing Guide(s)! WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

I appreciate the effort and I think this will definitely help, but I'd like to point out that different band attachment leads to different fit. For example, GWF-1000 is smaller than many newer analogue watches, but its lug design makes it wear a lot bigger and less comfortable

I still think this is a great idea, but just want to point it out as something to be aware of

Hi mate, welcome, what a great idea, im not very good with all this computer cutting and pasting etc so i'll leave it to the experts, but really good blog and idea, cheers

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by aalin13 View Post
    I appreciate the effort and I think this will definitely help, but I'd like to point out that different band attachment leads to different fit. For example, GWF-1000 is smaller than many newer analogue watches, but its lug design makes it wear a lot bigger and less comfortable

I still think this is a great idea, but just want to point it out as something to be aware of
    Great suggestion, one minor problem might be that there is little to no information about the bands (or straps). G-Shocks are great in which there are built in straps that work perfectly, and the way the strap is attached makes it possible to see the width of the strap and the size of the lug from the front (like in the picture). I think the guide is mainly aimed at people who are wondering how the case would look on their hand. One main problem of G-Shocks are that they are not round, and measurements that tell you how large the case is are usually measured by the 2 most extended points (the buttons on some Gs) and this makes it quite confusing. I was inspired to do this after seeing one thread (https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/ran...st-985731.html) and when you compare the 2 pics, the IWC actually looks like it is the same size as the Rangeman, if not a bit bigger, it's mainly infuenced by how we view the watch by it's actual glass area instead of the size (which includes the large bezel on Gs). As for band fits, I wear my Rangeman up to the 2nd hole so I think the tightest hole should fit somebody with a ~5.8" wrist. I was thinking about doing the whole watch including the straps, but the way G shock straps are positioned (in that slanted unbendable angle), it made it a bit hard to find pictures and actually paste the thing on. Anyways, thanks for the advice and I'll think about how I can improve it!

Thread Information