G-shock wave ceptor tough solar black force MTG 950 BDJ - wrist shots
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: G-shock wave ceptor tough solar black force MTG 950 BDJ - wrist shots

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Moderator Emeritus

G-shock wave ceptor tough solar black force MTG 950 BDJ - wrist shots

Hi guys, I introcuded myself on the forum just before the major meltdown and asked if anybody had one of these...and what were your impressions. The forum went down before I could get to see any responses. I think the g-shock forum was first to go...it wouldn't let me in.

Anyway, I bought mine last July and wore it quite a bit in the summer. I put it in the window every night and strapped it on when I felt like it. I never seen the power indicator come off of full charge even after long use. My Sinn U2 has been attached to my arm for some time now and I just picked up the g a couple of days ago and am impressed all over again. I find the digital display hard to read a certain angles and light conditions. (you can see from some of the pics) Anybody feel the same way?

I hear that there is a problem with the battery in this type of watch...can anybody shed some light on this?

anyway, as promised here are some quick and dirty wrist pics. I don't believe I have seen any here before but I could be mistaken.

cheers,
    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: G-shock wave ceptor tough solar black force MTG 950 BDJ - wrist shots

I like it alot. the negative display is wild. i have a few waveceptor models in my collection very nice feature. as far as battery problems the only model i have heard about was the Gw300.. or was it gw500?? :-S either way, i am sure by now the bug has been fixed. ya know, the watch does look kinda small on your arm.. maybe a Raysman of Frogman would be a nice compliment??!!
    wtsbfan likes this.

Hi Tim.. Great watch, i think the Gold Version was the latest release from the series... I dont remember if it was in the FIRE 05 Package... Very nice

And no there is no problem with the battery if you know how to use a tough solar watch

wear in good health and welcome to the forum
    Slim724 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks like a very nice watch, I like the negative display but it seems the contrast is much sharper in pictures [because of the flash] than in person. The Wave Ceptor and Tough Solar are great together -- the only thing that bothers me about the watch is the lack of a countdown timer. I have the GW-500A, and it has the same battery [CTL1616] as the MTG 950; the level hasn't dropped from High, and it only gets any sunlight when I walk to classes or leave to eat.

doomguy10011 likes this.

hi!

wonderfull watch you have...love this red-gold tone and the negative display.

i have since 2003 a MTG-900 and had no problems with it...one of the best solar
    G's!

regards

angelo

DJW GB likes this.

That's a nice looking G, Tim!

WallaceD

Absolutely stunning watch, Tim. And this is coming from a "no gold on watches" person. Almost dressy, reminds me a little of Rado. I disliked the the same form on my 930, but the "Brass and Black" deserves cult status.

Want. want, want O|

Kevin

ps gooood to see the forum back up. Fingers crossed for Ernie and ourselves that the HD-restoration works out.
    Sengyoku likes this.

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks to all who replied. Great info. You know, the more I wear it, the more I like it. It's funny, I get almost as many ooohs and aaaahs from friends and strangers with this one as I do with my Sinn U2. And it looks really great with brown carhartt bib overalls and a black prairie sweater!!

Devori, I was looking at a Triple Crown on eprey....whaddya think..???

I'll try to post a few more pics of the 950 when I get a chance.

take care,
    Tim
    Slim724 likes this.

Hi tIM,

Funny you were reading our forum, when I read your post in the Cafe when WUS crashed. Man, those were great weird pictures, ha ha. Cool beard and hair I'm too young to know Led Zeppelin I think.

I think you have a nice G-Shock. I have never heard compliains about the MTG-950. In the beginning there were problems with the GW-300 and the G-5600 (only released in JP). What do you think of this MTG960?

The negative displays are indeed harder to watch, but I have many and I have learned to live with that.

By the way, I think you gonna like a Triple Crown model. They have a BIG and sturdy look and are Tough Solar. I have the green version. Watch out for fake Frogman on eBay, but I have never seen fake GW-200's.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

i like the sjors version

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information