g shocks as daily timpieces.
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: g shocks as daily timpieces.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

g shocks as daily timpieces.

So i decided to ask my GF about wearing a digital g shock everyday vs an analog watch. I was pretty sure she was going to say that i should be wearing a nice analog because it looks more professional. Surprisingly, she said i look good wearing g shocks everyday and theres nothing wrong with it because it goes well with what i do (watch technician) . Anyone else get good feedback from thier GF or wives about wearing g shocks everyday contrary to the stereotype of being poor?
    nigelw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elavate7 View Post
    So i decided to ask my GF about wearing a digital g shock everyday vs an analog watch. I was pretty sure she was going to say that i should be wearing a nice analog because it looks more professional. Surprisingly, she said i look good wearing g shocks everyday and theres nothing wrong with it because it goes well with what i do (watch technician) . Anyone else get good feedback from thier GF or wives about wearing g shocks everyday contrary to the stereotype of being poor?
    My GF doesn't care at all what I wear but she wouldn't wear one herself
    Rocat and widgydidge like this.

Re: g shocks as daily timpieces.

Stereotype of being poor? I see lots of professional people wearing them. Lots of doctors here wear them.

I don't associate them with po' folk.
    ShaggyDog likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My wife could not care less about what watch I decide to wear day-to-day.

Not sure what "watch technician" means. If you are a watch repair-man, as a potential customer, I would expect to see you wearing some sort of interesting, vintage mechanical watch, with no real concern for price. If you were wearing a $100 vintage Enicar, I would see nothing wrong with that.

Addressing the "looking poor", stop worrying about that. It is ridiculous. I work regularly with very wealthy people that wear no watches at all, some that wear very affordable watches, and many that wear Rolex, etc....If I am not mistaken, more than one member of the US congress, Federal Reserve, and some other major institutions have been noted to wear G-shocks. I have seen people that I know are worth well into 8 figures wearing a Timex weekender. Wear what you want.

That is just my $0.02....
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Members of congress and federal reserve wear them? Not a great analogy in my book. I don't have much respect for white collar crooks and criminals.

EBenke
    JohnQFord and dgray like this.

A G-Shock is probably an excellent tool for a Watch Technician ... for the purpose of having an accurate timepiece to refer to

when re-setting the time on watches that have been repaired. Let's face it ... who doesn't take a 'boo at what the guy across the counter is wearing

when you take your watch in to have repair work done? And does that have an impact on your confidence in that person?
    Cobia likes this.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

Quote Originally Posted by elavate7 View Post
    so many misconceptions. firstly what kind of ball buster are you going out with if she's has such a big say in your choice of work watch? more so, what kind of woman do -you- think she is, assuming she would think such a thing?
    in the bigger picture why would gf's/wives be any kind of officiator on gshocks (esp. to someone that fixes watches for a living!)? maybe if youre straight out of high school, just left home, cant do your own washing let alone piece together an outfit and require a mother figure for input, sure, but really i think the majority of guys can choose an appropriate accessory like a watch. even easier when it s a simple digital.

also wondering what kind of pompous twats youre hanging around to think Gs are a stereotype of poor ppl! lol pretty sure poor ppl wouldnt be forking out $100 for a watch. "poor", in a condescending way still doesnt really cut it when there are so many premium models these days, its kind of like saying toyota's are for poor ppl even if you own an LFA lol come on man!

subtracting all that and simplifying the question to "what does your female partner think about your Gs?", my answer is - i married a woman who supports me and the things i like so if something makes me happy then she supports it (as i do with her). makes it even easier when we're compatible and like similar things.

morals of the story, "dont mistake affordable with poor" and "wear what you like". if a watch is a deal breaker to a chick then you prob wouldnt want to be with her anyway ;)
    Last edited by soulbridgemedia; August 5th, 2015 at 09:19.
    One struck by lightning is not the same as by a baseball or cabbage.

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by soulbridgemedia View Post
    so many misconceptions. firstly what kind of ball buster are you going out with if she's has such a big say in your choice of work watch? more so, what kind of woman do -you- think she is, assuming she would think such a thing?
    in the bigger picture why would gf's/wives be any kind of officiator on gshocks (esp. to someone that fixes watches for a living!)? maybe if youre straight out of high school, just left home, cant do your own washing let alone piece together an outfit and require a mother figure for input, sure, but really i think the majority of guys can choose an appropriate accessory like a watch. even easier when it s a simple digital.

also wondering what kind of pompous twats youre hanging around to think Gs are a stereotype of poor ppl! lol pretty sure poor ppl wouldnt be forking out $100 for a watch. "poor", in a condescending way still doesnt really cut it when there are so many premium models these days, its kind of like saying toyota's are for poor ppl even if you own an LFA lol come on man!

subtracting all that and simplifying the question to "what does your female partner think about your Gs?", my answer is - i married a woman who supports me and the things i like so if something makes me happy then she supports it (as i do with her). makes it even easier when we're compatible and like similar things.

morals of the story, "dont mistake affordable with poor" and "wear what you like". if a watch is a deal breaker to a chick then you prob wouldnt want to be with her anyway ;)
    C'mon now ... tell us what you really think !!!
    Crater, G-fob and soulbridgemedia like this.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

Are you sure it's others stereotype for g shock wearer or yours? ;)
    Anyway i smell fish bait here..

sent from talpakatled

If my wife were to decide...I'd only have one watch.
    cpietras likes this.

It's always time for a new watch.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information