G-shocks issued to U.S. Navy SEALs...
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Nemo_Sandman
  • 1 Post By Steelerswit
  • 1 Post By Prdrers
  • 2 Post By Trandy

Thread: G-shocks issued to U.S. Navy SEALs...

G-shocks issued to U.S. Navy SEALs...

So I came across this page linked from another forum on WUS. There's a little blurb on the webpage stating that Rolexes were issued to Navy SEALs for some amount of time, until about 1981. Then the writer goes on to say that g-shocks were issued to SEALs instead. Trouble is, the writeup makes it sound like this occurred in 1981, while we know of course that g-shocks did not become available until 1983.... Draw your own conclusions.

Trivia - G-Shock Wiki | casio watch resources

Re: G-shocks issued to U.S. Navy SEALs...

Yes!... issued by request of Winston Churchill and designed by Pablo Picasso.
    Mythomania at its best

Pardon my French but people still needs tactical lies to buy watches.
    Ninjas in the 80's... Special forces since the 90's... From Panerai to Casio, marketing dreams of frogmen with automatic weapons.

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk
    Time4Playnow likes this.

ive read that pages many times over the years, and the way i believe it to have happened. he came up with the plan in 1981, and in typical bureaucratic fashion, it went from one desk to another, and a change or 15 were made, and sent back for rewrites. then onto more desks and research studies, and charts and graphs and reports written and read by Brass without a clue. then the Brass had to put their input on paper so they could claim some credit and leverage for promotion, and send it back down for rewrites and more tests, charts, graphs and analytic assays. this took 11 years and the original author is retired and some 2 Star professional paper cut collector initiated the program, got his 3rd star and a new office on the spare wall of the Pentagon.

any one know the history of the Bradley troop carrier turned fighting vehicle?
    NeedAG likes this.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    For most of us, when we wear a bad-a** watch, the characteristics of the watch "bleed over" to us -- and suddenly, WE are bad-a**es!
    For some members here though -- like Steelerswit, and Kubr1ck -- they have so much inherent "bad-a**ery" that when they put on a bad-a** watch, the energy flows from them TO the watch, making the watch EVEN MORE bad-a**!!! Yes, it's a real scientific phenomenon that obscure mad scientists only recently discovered.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

"About 1992 Casio came out with the G Shock DW 6600C-1V" Did that happen or not?

Are these actual NSN's:

• Casio G-Shock 5600: NSN 6645-01-356-5944
    • Casio G-Shock 6900: NSN 6645-01-441-2762

Instead of picking nits with an oral history related by someone who's given talent is far from recording history but creating it, the best way to understand things is just check the facts. Then let the chips fall where they lay.

Do the SEALS still use Rolexes? If not - what? And good luck getting a credible answer.

Steelerswit posted while I was composing and having been in the military for over 22 years what he describes is a lot closer to the truth than some might want to believe. Having been taken advantage of in exactly the same way at a civilian job and having seen it happen in the military it's par for the course.
    Last edited by tirod3; August 10th, 2017 at 03:14.

Quote Originally Posted by tirod3 View Post
    "About 1992 Casio came out with the G Shock DW 6600C-1V" Did that happen or not?

Are these actual NSN's:

• Casio G-Shock 5600: NSN 6645-01-356-5944
    • Casio G-Shock 6900: NSN 6645-01-441-2762

Instead of picking nits with an oral history related by someone who's given talent is far from recording history but creating it, the best way to understand things is just check the facts. Then let the chips fall where they lay.

Do the SEALS still use Rolexes? If not - what? And good luck getting a credible answer.

Steelerswit posted while I was composing and having been in the military for over 22 years what he describes is a lot closer to the truth than some might want to believe. Having been taken advantage of in exactly the same way at a civilian job and having seen it happen in the military it's par for the course.
    Chris Kyle wore a DW-6600, so we know what at least one SEAL wore. From what I've gathered (Google, of course), the 6600 was standard issue until it was discontinued by Casio. The norm now (again, just anecdotal) seems to be that teams are issued different types, usually G's if any, but really wear what they want. But there seems to be several sources online that agree there is no longer any "standard issue" for the SEALS, across the board.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Steelerswit likes this.
    Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

"I think he's referring to the design style that's typically called a 'field watch', not necessarily the best watch to take into the field. But yeah, G-Shock ftw." - WUS User 'GuySie'

I have a friend/neighbor who is a retired Navy SEAL......Jim told me that they pretty much wore what they wanted....he sports a well-worn GW-6900....he told me he wore that the last few years of his active duty.

Nice guy....very low key individual.
    Steelerswit and Prdrers like this.
    " Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people that you are....you aren't" - Margaret Thatcher

Thread Information