G Shocks From Japan Legit?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: G Shocks From Japan Legit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G Shocks From Japan Legit?

Hello, I was recently looking at the new eminem g shock on ebay because I cant find it in any stores and came across loads on ebay that ship from japan like this one Casio G Shock GD X6900MNM 1JR Eminem Collaboration Model Limited Brand New | eBay
    Are these legit? Something just is sketchy about them and besides the japanese tag on the watch is anything else different on them from the american versions?
    Thanks

Re: G Shocks From Japan Legit?

Quote Originally Posted by Cangt77 View Post
    Hello, I was recently looking at the new eminem g shock on ebay because I cant find it in any stores and came across loads on ebay that ship from japan like this one Casio G Shock GD X6900MNM 1JR Eminem Collaboration Model Limited Brand New | eBay
    Are these legit? Something just is sketchy about them and besides the japanese tag on the watch is anything else different on them from the american versions?
    Thanks
    They are legit, the only thing different is the tag and the manual. You only get a japanese manual when buying from Japan. But you can download the english manual so not an issue.

But I would advise against paying the inflated ebay prices atm. There will come a point when the Eminem version will be worth even more than $350 but they are going to release a total of 3000 pieces worldwide in the coming weeks and month. The retail price in the US is $180+tax and it will probably be around €169 in EU /£160 in UK. Those are the same prices as was given the New Era GA-110NE-9 one. The limitation is also about the same, around 3000 pieces. Not very rare but not common either. So unless you are in a hurry for a Christmas present I would advise to wait a little...
    starscream and Rocat like this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

It's legit but I would just wait. These will be out in Macys and other retailers next month. For some reason there is a rumor these are limited to 100 pieces which is far from true. I went got one from Yahoo Japan Auctions for $200 since I'm impatient lol. I definitely wouldn't be paying the prices they are asking for on eBay.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Let me put the 100 pc rumor to rest. Don't believe everything you read on ebay ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    There will come a point when the Eminem version will be worth even more than $350 but they are going to release a total of 3000 pieces worldwide in the coming weeks and month.
    I have credible reason to believe 3000 units worldwide is far too small. At least 5000 if not 10k. Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    I have credible reason to believe 3000 units worldwide is far too small. At least 5000 if not 10k. Regards
    I guess it is quite possible Casio decided to expand it given the amount of interest. 2000-3000 pieces is the standard limitation for a limited release. But if you have heard 5000 then I guess Casio could have decided to go the next step up which is 5000 for an expanded limited release. But I do not think 10K can be right because I have never heard of a single limited model with that big of a release, only for limited series. I really hope 10K is not correct, that is just too many for a single model to be called limited anymore. If 10K is correct, it would be a new policy from Casio to what constitutes a limited model and I think it would be somewhat of a fraudulent claim!
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Yeah I might just pull the trigger lol if it was any other watch I'd wait its just something about this one lol. Also, are these limited watches numbered? I've never purchased a limited one before

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post

I guess it is quite possible Casio decided to expand it given the amount of interest. 2000-3000 pieces is the standard limitation for a limited release. But if you have heard 5000 then I guess Casio could have decided to go the next step up which is 5000 for an expanded limited release. But I do not think 10K can be right because I have never heard of a single limited model with that big of a release, only for limited series. I really hope 10K is not correct, that is just too many for a single model to be called limited anymore. If 10K is correct, it would be a new policy from Casio to what constitutes a limited model and I think it would be somewhat of a fraudulent claim!
    I am willing to bet Casio released at least 10,000 of the green Undefeated and at least 10,000 of the Channel Islands watch. They are everywhere. some ICERC releases get like 6,000 and these limiteds seem a lot more common.

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    I am willing to bet Casio released at least 10,000 of the green Undefeated and at least 10,000 of the Channel Islands watch. They are everywhere. some ICERC releases get like 6,000 and these limiteds seem a lot more common.
    The Eminem was said to be a special 30Th anniversary collaboration and limited edition, those have fixed numbers. The Undefeated and Channel Island pieces were not limited editions but limited release editions, which is the most common type of "limited" when it comes to Casio. This means that they have no fixed numbers only a limited time frame for production. If they turn out to be popular amongst retailers and Casio receives lots of orders for them than many batches will be produced within that time frame! The ICERC's are a special type of collaboration since it happens every year on springtime. In the last 2-3 years Casio have released a couple of those pieces every spring and with a limitation of around 7500 pieces. But I guess it is possible Casio changed their mind and just makes the Eminem piece a limited release just like the Undefeated and Channel Island pieces.
    phattbam likes this.

The numbers are my personal guess. While I wasn't given an exact number, I mentioned 3000 units and was told its a LOT more than that. This came from a very reputable source
    phattbam likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information