G-shocks without original boxes
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: G-shocks without original boxes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confused G-shocks without original boxes

Hi All
    I have been a silent forum browser until now but recently i have started buying and selling g-shocks as a part-time hobby :) I am in Istanbul Turkey where Casio G-shocks are imported as much as any other big European country but not as valued. Then i decided that i want to see them on their proud wearers and NOT on shop windows. Especially the rare ones.

But what i opened the thread is for an another subject and possible an issue im dealing with.
    I make the trips to the shops and buy G's to either wear or to sell but occasionaly the G's i buy do not have their original boxes. Shops dont care for them and they just say, "we only have this" and give me a common G-shock carton box with it.
    Do you guys also bump into this kind of problems or is it only a Turkish carelessness issue? I wonder...

Re: G-shocks without original boxes

You mean it sometimes has only the cardboard box and not the metal tin right? I'm in the US and that's common in my experience. I think it depends on where you buy from. For instance, as far as I know, none of the G-shocks at walmart have metal tins.

it's a common problem (personally I don't call it "problem" because I can't wear the box)once in a while I met a person at Macy's or Nordstrom (USA) and the Bay (Canada) who carefully organize all the boxes and instruction books together and even take time to adjust the watch for me ... but it's rare

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I currently own 5 G-Shocks and the only one that came in a G-Shock box with a tin was one I bought online from ebay dealer Citizentime. I do have 2 more on the way that will have the boxes with them, but I bought them online too.

The rest all came from local B&M. If they had even given me a G-Shock box, much less the tin, I would have felt lucky. They shoved all mine into Casio boxes.

I've never sold a watch though, and don't plan on it, so that's not an issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by woodt3 View Post
    You mean it sometimes has only the cardboard box and not the metal tin right?
    yeah like this Name:  DW-5600MS-1DR_G-Shock_1.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  49.6 KB sometimes they do have metal tins but still not their original ones.. outer cardbox box which has the model number shows another model no.

It's not a problem here as such, they usually hunt for the right box and I always double check if I'm getting the right one.. only once someone tried to sell me a limited edition in a regular box, I just walked out the store. getting the right box and tin is a big deal for me, especially if it's a limited edition.
    nnbz likes this.

thanks for the replies. guess its an all around issue. as a collector and a new seller this bums me a lot.

In a local mall in Bamberg they simply store the boxes under the counter and you get any box but certainly not the right one.
    In another mall I once made the saleswoman search about 15 minutes for the special edition box of a G-9000TLC. If she hadn't found it - no way I'd have paid the full retail price.

Cheers, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; December 16th, 2013 at 20:07.

I'm probably the odd one out here - I much prefer the box shown above to the "hard to store tins" - both hex and round. I have way too many tins. I'd also like US ebay sellers to offer an option of sending without tin or box to lower the horrendous shipping costs from there.

Common problem in Hong Kong too. I'd say about 50% of the time this happens:

Almost every watch you see in the display is the 'display model' and you get a random box.
    Also expect the dangle tag to get ripped off and kept 'for their records' it really does irk the collector.
    (they always have correct manual though)

Rest of the time, they manage to find a box. I would say as you buy more exotic models e.g. Ltd and Kings (which have a bigger box) you chances of getting the right stuff increase.

Golden rule is to enquire before you buy, when they are more willing to please- after they get that $$ they don't give 2 hoots!!
    ~~: Vintage Screwback & Classic/JDM G collector :~~
    Screwbacks {DW5000C.. {DW5200.. {DW5400.. {DW5500C.. {DW5600C-1, 1V, 9V, 9CV, 5600B-3V, 5600D-1.. {DW5700..
    {DW5000-1JF.. {GW5000-1JF..
    Illuminators DW5300 DW6600, DW6600B, DW6600G-9V, DW6695-A, DW069, Dw6900, DW6900BF, DW8300 DW8120
    Other Watches: Rolex 116300 ( DatejustII), Orient Conductor, Sandoz Submariner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information