G-Street Newsletter posts some Rangeman photos from Watchuseek...
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: G-Street Newsletter posts some Rangeman photos from Watchuseek...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G-Street Newsletter posts some Rangeman photos from Watchuseek...

The most recent edition of the G-street newsletter posts some pics of the Rangeman from one of our threads. See this link: Best shots of the Rangeman from WatchuSeek |

Naturally, Gripmaster's photos are well represented - as they should be with all of his mountainous adventures (and photography skills)! He even has the lead photo for the story, with a recent pic he posted of the Burton Rangeman.

Pics from other members are posted as well - even one of mine. (Kobe) Ashame that G-Street didn't pull photos of the Ranger from other threads too. Deepseadweller has some epic shots of the Kobe in the thread he started. And there's always our Rangeman 'Counting' thread.

Check it out!
    Last edited by Time4Playnow; February 25th, 2016 at 19:10.
    GaryK30, Crater, Mrcrooka1 and 1 others like this.

Re: G-Street Newsletter posts some Rangeman photos from Watchuseek...

So G-Street just copies photos from other websites and doesn't even provide proper attribution unless someone just happened to slap a "© name" in the photo?!

On the one hand, it's depressing that that IS the way most places on the internet now work (including this forum), but it's still technically a copyright violation.

Now I'm curious if G-Street at least contacted the members whose photos they used and/or Watchuseek, even though I can't find any blurb in our rules about our material becoming property of WUS.
    Crater and domoon like this.

Lol. Easy money for the owner of those images.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Codemonkeyx View Post
    Lol. Easy money for the owner of those images.
    Show me 'Da Money!! HA! There ain't no money, there is only "borrowing" with vague attribution...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    So G-Street just copies photos from other websites and doesn't even provide proper attribution unless someone just happened to slap a "© name" in the photo?!

On the one hand, it's depressing that that IS the way most places on the internet now work (including this forum), but it's still technically a copyright violation.

Now I'm curious if G-Street at least contacted the members whose photos they used and/or Watchuseek, even though I can't find any blurb in our rules about our material becoming property of WUS.
    G-Street did not contact the owners of the photos prior to publishing. Don't know if they contacted Watchuseek or not..

Technically, they should have asked permission from the user who took the picture. It becomes a bigger issue if this magazine made money from advertising or any other method.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    Time4Playnow, Mike K and Rocat like this.

They don't ask permission for the Instagram pics they post but they do mention the name and give credit so thats cool & i'm fine with it.

As for when i post leaks or upcoming stuff i've started watermarking the pics. That way i get the credit & it has also gotten me a lot of new followers as well.

I've seen some sites use my pics, some give credit & some just try to remove the watermark and not say anything.. Lol ZonaCasio is the worst. They take pics and either crop the name out or not mention where they got it from. They tried to blur my name out once but did such a bad job at it you could still make out it said Starscream lol

i've also had sellers steal my pics (my wrist shot wit wife) and use it to try to sell watches on Instagram. Lol

Why don't you send them an invoice? The normal per-use fee for a typical pic is around $500-1500 USD.
    Mike K, sdog and domoon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by starscream View Post
    They don't ask permission for the Instagram pics they post but they do mention the name and give credit so thats cool & i'm fine with it.

As for when i post leaks or upcoming stuff i've started watermarking the pics. That way i get the credit & it has also gotten me a lot of new followers as well.

I've seen some sites use my pics, some give credit & some just try to remove the watermark and not say anything.. Lol ZonaCasio is the worst. They take pics and either crop the name out or not mention where they got it from. They tried to blur my name out once but did such a bad job at it you could still make out it said Starscream lol

i've also had sellers steal my pics (my wrist shot wit wife) and use it to try to sell watches on Instagram. Lol
    Wow, you're famous now.

After checking out the Rangeman pics, I then checked out the Japan bargain hunting vlog on G-Street.
    Across two recent trips to Japan I checked out a few Hardoff stores for G's.
    I walked straight past a million Bookoff outlets not realising they carry them too.
    D'oh!!!

These days, photos and videos are everywhere online within a simple search to find them. Once these materials are in the public domain, it's hard to avoid being reused by someone else other than the rightful owner. Sometimes, it's hard to tell who was the rightful owner anyway. If the owner of the photos / videos failed to credit him/herself (with real name) and copyright the material properly, it's basically the same as explicitly granting permission for reuse by anyone. If the materials are indeed copyrighted, as long as the persons reusing these materials are not using them for profits and properly credit the owner, in most cases it could be acceptable.

It also depends on the intend and extend as well. For example, the websites that copies threads/posts from WUS in mass quantity for pretending to be an active forum (with fake users) and probably making a profit from ads, are obviously with malicious intention. For another example, forum members posting excerpts of a copyrighted manual to explain and help other members voluntarily, are obviously with no bad intention.

All these are just my opinions. And yes, there are a lot of grey areas between right and wrong, morally and legally about copyrights. Especially, when you are talking about the World Wide Web, spanning between different countries and legal systems.

As for making a profit for posting pictures... com'on, not everything's about money. This is a free and voluntary forum. We volunteer our time for posting comments and pictures for enjoying our hobby and sharing our enjoyments with others. That's why most of us are here. If you want to talk about profits, some of our comments would probably help the manufacturers improve their products, or even help their sales directly. They are first ones who benefit from a forum like this.
    GaryK30, Time4Playnow and Pachoe like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information