Which G would you say is the toguhest G? :-) nt

Thread: Which G would you say is the toguhest G? :-) nt

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Which G would you say is the toguhest G? :-) nt

Re: Which G would you say is the toguhest G? :-) nt

the one that you wear all the times, the one that you don't baby it and put it through anything everything

any G can be the toughest watch in the world. but if you don't wear it, its just a safe queen. (and there's nothing wrong with that, some limited G / or G that you like very much needs to be a safe queen :-D )

(for me, its my G2310 )

They are all very equally tough I'd say.

Maybe a Mudman, new or old, or anything with a titanium case.
    55 watches. 30 Casios. Appalling bank balance!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92
    the one that you wear all the times, the one that you don't baby it and put it through anything everything

any G can be the toughest watch in the world. but if you don't wear it, its just a safe queen. (and there's nothing wrong with that, some limited G / or G that you like very much needs to be a safe queen :-D )

(for me, its my G2310 )
    I agree...my G2310 has put up with everything that I have thrown at it from SCUBA diving to 25 storey drops

Alexandria, Louisiana, look on a map and its dead center

In all honesty the one that I have put through the most abuse is my dw056. It even feels super tough and high quality. It's like a sherman tank. Casio is going to have a hard time topping his design as far as the new G's go.

Quote Originally Posted by cmoy
    Hhhmmm, good question! I'd say they all pass the G-shock standards, but is it something that goes beyond that? I'd cast my vote for one of the 10 yr. battery models since you wouldn't have to worry about battery draining or a 1616 rechaable failing while on a trip etc.

Kev

I've abused a few G-Shock quite heavily. The one that's taken the most abuse is my G2300b. The 2300 series is a nasty sort of tough. It's been whacked on countless occasions. Covered in nitro fuel. Left in the blazing hot sun for hours, to the point where the display went black, only to come back to life minutes later. It's been frozen to the point that the fabric band on my wrist got stiff. The 2300 may not be huge by G-Shock standards, but it obviously has everything that makes it tough.

The fact that it has one of the best modules yet made is just icing on the cake.

Last edited by Buzzbait; July 20th, 2006 at 20:50.

Banned

Hard to choose. I've worn a variety to work and all have taken some pretty good knocks and have had no problems at all. My DW-004 I wore for about 4 years, still going fine. Also my G-2300, G-2310, G-2110, GW-500, and G-7301. All functioning just fine .

Hi Cmoy,

I think all "G"s are made to take the "extreme"; with myself sometimes it's cost vs. availability; not to use one watch over the other due to it's value; I put my GW-200tc to the test over vacation, with no problems; lately I'am using the new G-9000 for everything with no problems; in my opinion if you have a G-shock on your wrist, you can't go wrong.

BradB-)B-)B-)
    Brad
    Have a great day.

nice question...
    Well, theoretically i would say the frogman gw200-2jf and let me explain why:
    First of all it has the best water resistance among all the others except of course from the other frogmen.Second it has an all titanium case so it can't be melted, broken, or suffer from any kind of corrosion, like plastic case does, and it's even better than stainless steel cause titanium is by far more resistant than steel ( for example salt, acids etc...).Moreover it's solar and this means that it doesn't have to be opened so it will keep it's water resistance more time than the others, again its screw back case is much better than the other cases which use 4 screws because every time you open one in order to change batteries it cannot be helped not to "eat" some of the plastic that is around the screws so that means that after lots and lots of years of changing batteries you won't be able to srew back the 4 screws but whith the screw back you won't have any problem.Now one would say why the gw200-2jf and not any other frogman? well the answer is that since it's the latest line of frogmans i suppose it has better materials and any youth problems (if any...) that the first frogmans might have had, must have been solved untill now.and since the triple crown and icerc frogman have stainless steel back well that imho is a small disadvantage if you think that the gw200-2jf has an all titanium case.
    Well this is my opinion and i would like to hear what you guys think!:thanks

P.S. Sorry for my bad english:oops:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information