G056 Arrived

Thread: G056 Arrived

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gift G056 Arrived

This one was a really nice surprise, especially having only paid £5.14 for it. I didn't know these had interval timers, which is nice. Also, although like most negative displays it's not very clear at certain angles, when it is clear it looks really nice. The strap has a double buckle (like the Mudman) and it is a very slim G-Shock. It's comfortable too.

"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Wink Re: G056 Arrived

Hi Lexxorcist,

Congratulations with your new watch. This watch was advertized as the thinest G-Shock ever and has a metal housing. I have the Waveceptor version in that color. It's a good and comforetable watch for times you need a not too flashy watch. Wear in good health,

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: G056 Arrived

Thanks Sjors. The only thing I'm not sure about is the honeycomb decoration, which to me looks like some kind of fake solar panel. That said, it doesn't look bad, and that very minor gripe is the only 'fault' I can find. I don't want to take it off now, and that's always a good sign.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wow what a price!! I've been getting interested in that model, as I'm starting to appreciate the sleeker G-Shocks much of the time. Great find!
    Cheers,
    Bruce
    Wear what you like.

Wink Re: G056 Arrived

Hi Lexxorcist,

While I took a close look on the G-056, I see it's not solar (I try to remember everything....). Here is my GW-056. You can see it also has the honeycomb structures. At the bottom you see the solar panel.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by BruceS View Post
    Wow what a price!!
    Courtesy of Pokemon . I was looking for something totally different and noticed this one had a few minutes to go and was only on about $8. If I remember rightly, his BIN price is about £30.

You can mute the button operation tone on this one, if that's of interest to anyone.

I'm really impressed with the interval timer, which I didn't realise this one had. I was thinking of buying another watch just for this feature, and now I don't have to. It's great for my isometrics. 1 minute up, 30 seconds rest... etc. Fantastic feature!

The stopwatch on this seems quite clever too, though I'm still trying to work it out. Are these the same features you get on the referee timer models?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    The stopwatch on this seems quite clever too, though I'm still trying to work it out. Are these the same features you get on the referee timer models?
    Lexx, the referee timer is quite unique. It has 9 pre-set timers. I think from 10 minutes to 45 minutes. These you can't change.

Then you have 9 interval timers... which will repeat. And with these you can set seconds. So you could set a workout of 5 minutes, with a 3 minute rest, followed by 6 minutes, with a 2 minute rest, then a 7 minute, followed by a 1 minute rest, turn the other 4 intervals OFF, then repeat 4 times.

You can set timers up to 24 hours.

Pretty neat features for a very inexpensive watch.

-Gawain
    Orient: Black Mako (FEM65001BW)
    G-Shock: DW9052-2V, DW56RT-1V, G2500-3V, DW-9700UL-9T, DW-003S, DW-003H-9T, G9000-MX4, DW-004, GW-9200RJ-4JF, G-5500SRF
    Seiko: SKX781 Orange Monster, SNK807 Seiko 5, SUN017P1, SNP105 (incoming)
    Tissot: PRC200
    Other: Stuhrling Skeleton (1070.33161)

"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take this moment and make it perfect."
    ---Dr. Simon Atkins

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
    ---Albert Einstein

"The capper is that, like life, golf is a game that can't be won, only played."
    ---Bagger Vance

one of the thinnest watches from casio series. congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain View Post
    Lexx, the referee timer is quite unique. It has 9 pre-set timers. I think from 10 minutes to 45 minutes. These you can't change.

Then you have 9 interval timers... which will repeat. And with these you can set seconds. So you could set a workout of 5 minutes, with a 3 minute rest, followed by 6 minutes, with a 2 minute rest, then a 7 minute, followed by a 1 minute rest, turn the other 4 intervals OFF, then repeat 4 times.

You can set timers up to 24 hours.

Pretty neat features for a very inexpensive watch.

-Gawain
    Those sound like the same features as the G056. It has 9 intervals with the auto repeat option, and the preset timer you mention: 10; 12; 15; 20... 45 minute options. Also the dual stopwatch where one measure total game time while the other can be paused. So the G056 is a referee timer? Fantastic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information