G1000-H, terrible lume, but I'd love to try and paint some lume of my own on it, where do I start?!

Thread: G1000-H, terrible lume, but I'd love to try and paint some lume of my own on it, where do I start?!

Confused G1000-H, terrible lume, but I'd love to try and paint some lume of my own on it, where do I start?!

Hello again. I own a G1000-H and I have to say it's one of my favorite G-Shocks, but it's got the worst lume out of any watch I've ever had, it lasts a mere 5-10 minutes. So I'd like to repaint the lume markers and hands on it, but I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing. As such I have many questions.

What is the best kind of lume paint out there and where can I buy it?
    How does the painting process work? Do I have to remove the hands when painting them(I have no tool for removing them)?
    How would I go about applying the paint? Obviously it has to be done carefully and tediously, which I'm more than prepared to do
    Does anyone know how to remove the glass from the G1000-H so I can get to the actual face?

Sorry about all of the questions, I've never done this before and I searched the forums but couldn't find a walk through/tutorial, maybe I just don't know what to search for. Anyway he's a lume shot of my G1000-H immeadiately after removing a light source

Last edited by Scattercoreys; May 18th, 2011 at 05:48.
    Helm: Vanuatu
    ​Seiko: SKX779 "Black Monster"

Helson: Shark Diver 40 Brass
    Obris Morgan: Aegis
    G-Shocks: G1000-H / GW7900B-1 / GW9000 / G-Steel GSTS310D-1A
    Invicta: Modded 8926OB

Re: G1000-H, terrible lume, but I'd love to try and paint some lume of my own on it, where do I star

Bump

Re: G1000-H, terrible lume, but I'd love to try and paint some lume of my own on it, where do I star

I have a G1000H also and love it. It reminds me of the MRG a very expensive G with what looks like the same amount of lume. Since the hour markers are small I don't think you will be able to get much lume on them the hands will take the paint. I have read some lume threads. Try and search in the Seiko forum. The paint can be bought and it is 2 parts that mix together. I don't think you will have to worry about the crystal as it should all come out from the back. the hands are very thin and you have to be careful not to bend them.

Casio sucks in the lume department. One of the reason I got into Seiko's. My Orange Monster has some of the best lume on the market. Since you only have Casio's in your sig maybe you should jump on over the the Seiko forum or Dive watch. There have been many many happy G Shock owners that have made the trip.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    Since you only have Casio's in your sig maybe you should jump on over the the Seiko forum or Dive watch. There have been many many happy G Shock owners that have made the trip.
    I've been seeing a Black Monster in my future recently

Check out Angelo's youtube vid: YouTube - How to relume

He's one of the masters of "G" modding and has been doing it for a while!
    Chris

All Quartz: Arctos GPW Infantry;
    Deep Blue AP Chrono; Citizen BN0150-10E;
    Tawatec EO MkII ICS; Seiko SNE645

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B. View Post
    Check out Angelo's youtube vid: YouTube - How to relume

He's one of the masters of "G" modding and has been doing it for a while!
    Thanks for this link, Chris. I've never seen anybody do this before. It doesn't look all that hard... and yet, watch servicing places will charge you serious $$ to do this. Personally, I didn't see any reason to take off the hands. Just slide some thin plastic underneath them to keep the dial clean and apply with them on the watch. For the hour markers, I'd do the whole bar instead of those two dots. I wonder if there's some really good quality super lume that can be easily acquired for this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    I wonder if there's some really good quality super lume that can be easily acquired for this.
    try out NoctiLumina® Luminizing Kits, scott anderson is a great guy and will help you out to find the right lume for your project.

good luck!

Thanks for all of the tips! I'll have to check that website out

Thread Information