G1000H-1A @ Costco (Canada) - $79.99

Thread: G1000H-1A @ Costco (Canada) - $79.99

G1000H-1A @ Costco (Canada) - $79.99

I haven't posted here in ages, but last week I was in Halifax and saw this watch for sale at Costco, and then when I got home (Montreal) I checked at my local Costco and they had it here too. Yesterday afternoon I picked one up.

This watch is beautiful! I absolutely love it. I think this may replace the GW9000 as my preferred daily worn watch. It's super comfy, relatively light, does what I need on a day to day basis (chrono, and dual-time on the second dial) and the face looks the business.

For a watch with a $180 MSRP (and not available anywhere online for less than $120cdn that I can find), I'd say $79.99 (CDN$) is a steal. Just thought I'd pass the info along to any fellow Canadians who might be interested.

Re: G1000H-1A @ Costco (Canada) - $79.99

Quote Originally Posted by Raceaddict View Post
    I haven't posted here in ages, but last week I was in Halifax and saw this watch for sale at Costco, and then when I got home (Montreal) I checked at my local Costco and they had it here too. Yesterday afternoon I picked one up.

This watch is beautiful! I absolutely love it. I think this may replace the GW9000 as my preferred daily worn watch. It's super comfy, relatively light, does what I need on a day to day basis (chrono, and dual-time on the second dial) and the face looks the business.

For a watch with a $180 MSRP (and not available anywhere online for less than $120cdn that I can find), I'd say $79.99 (CDN$) is a steal. Just thought I'd pass the info along to any fellow Canadians who might be interested.
    Costco in my neck of the woods (Ontario) has this model for quite some time now.

However, the fact that this is non solar / non atomic model with sucky lume is a serious deal breaker for me regardless of the price.

Cheers
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

I love the looks of the G1000H I posted some photos of mine and think it is one of the coolest looking Gs. Battery replacement is really no problem after you do the first one. and they normally cost 3 bucks. I have the G bible and allways compair its looks to the MRG Also this has the 5 motors I think the same as the Giez less the atomic solar for a much better looking watch in my opinion and I wanted to get the Giez just liked the G1000H better. I like large second hands so I start the stopwach on days I wear it so I can use the large second hand vs the small one by the 6 position

Now let see some photos.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't find the lume that bad. It's not a Seiko Monster by any means, but it's good enough. In any case, if I'm planning on being anywhere dark enough for an extended period of time (read: sleeping) I'd be wearing something digital with an EL backlight.

The analog atomic/solar G's that come close to this one in price don't look half as good as far as I'm concerned (they all have little LCDs), and there's no way I could justify getting the nice looking (fully analog) Tough Atomic model that I really like.

Besides, I've got a G9000A-1 to keep perfect time. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Raceaddict View Post
    I don't find the lume that bad. It's not a Seiko Monster by any means, but it's good enough. In any case, if I'm planning on being anywhere dark enough for an extended period of time (read: sleeping) I'd be wearing something digital with an EL backlight.

The analog atomic/solar G's that come close to this one in price don't look half as good as far as I'm concerned (they all have little LCDs), and there's no way I could justify getting the nice looking (fully analog) Tough Atomic model that I really like.

Besides, I've got a G9000A-1 to keep perfect time. :D

Photos

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

I will... I will.... I just need to find a suitably interesting backdrop.
    Last edited by Raceaddict; September 2nd, 2009 at 04:13.

Thread Information