G2300

Thread: G2300

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

G2300

I'm actually looking for a G2300, i just see a pics of this model and it seems very good. What can you say me about this watch, has somebody one?
    In a first time i want to make an exchange for a swatch body and soul in like new state but i actually look on internet for one.
    Also if anybody has pictures or details..
    Cheers
    Martial

Banned

Re: G2300

Hi martial,

The 2300 and 2310 are great watches . The 2300 is tough solar, has data storage, alarm, stopwatch,and a 24 hour countdown timer that can be adjusted to the second. The 2300 comes with a nylon and velcro band, the 2310 comes with a resin band. Here are a few pics of both for you.

I think either one that you choose will be a great choice .

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D.
    The 2300 comes with a nylon and velcro band, the 2310 comes with a resin band.
    Actually, that's not always the case. I have (well my bro does) a G-2300-9 that has a resin band... I think the difference is just that the 2310 has a metallic area, where it says "G-Shock," whereas the 2300's doesn't.
    Last edited by AtomicSolar; September 10th, 2006 at 07:04.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicSolar
    Actually, that's not always the case. I have (well my bro does) a G-2300-9 that has a resin band... I think the difference is just that the 2310 has a metallic area, where it says "G-Shock," whereas the 2300's isn't.
    True. I'm just so used to seeing the 2300 with the nylon band. And I have seen some of the 2310's resin bands swapped out for the nylon one. Kind of like the 2110's. I have one with the double nylon band, and Ozzie has the resin one.

Wink Re: G2300

Bonjour Martial,

In Europe I think it's not to easy to get a G-2300. I bought one in Germany when it came out and costed me about 4 times you pay for one in the US including shipping... I see our sponsor HB has the 2300 and 231 both with resin watchband. Personally I like the basic resin strap version over the US cloth/Velcro strap (not the double Velcro model).

Here are two comparison pictures of a G-2300 and a DW-6900 I made a few days ago. I used a tripod to get get the comparison as close as possible.

Au revoir,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

hi martial,

all I can say: go for it, you will not regret it, I promise. the g-2300 is my absolute favorite g-shock, followed by the new mudman. it has great features, it has (at least for me) the perfect size, it looks great and it is very inexpensive.

some of the highlights:

- it shows time, day, date AND year in the display, something not found on to many Gs, I believe.

- it has a 24hour stopwatch AND a 24h countdown-timer

- countdown-timer can not only be set to hours and minutes but also to seconds (important to some people when they boil eggs :-D )

- the five daily alarms can be set to any date in the year.

- it uses the CLT2016 solar battery which is widely known superior to the CLT1616 battery (although I never had problems with a CLT1616)

I just love that watch, IMO its one of the best timepieces money can buy, regardless of price range and brand. if you are looking for a reliable ebay.com source, I can highly recommend the seller "5tradingcom" - a guy I bought multiple times from. he usually always sells the g2300-b1 (the black/red model with nylon/velcro strap) and the rather not so often seen g2300-b2 (dark blue/grey with resin strap) both for under 50 US $.

or alternatively, just have a look on "hbwatches.com" like sjors already stated. in either way, you can't go wrong but only win IMO.

regards, holger
    Last edited by cal..45; September 10th, 2006 at 09:33.
    We are 12.6 %

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by martial
    I'm actually looking for a G2300, i just see a pics of this model and it seems very good. What can you say me about this watch, has somebody one?
    In a first time i want to make an exchange for a swatch body and soul in like new state but i actually look on internet for one.
    Also if anybody has pictures or details..
    Cheers
    Martial
    Excellent watch Martial.

I have the Pink faced green resin viper

Really nice watches

I like Sjors colour one and they are difficult to find nowadays

Thanks everybody for your explanation and your pictures.
    That makes me stronger in my choice.
    But today is a very special day : my favourite F1 driver, Michael Schumacher win his 90th victory and comes back at 2 points behind Alonso for the world championship and to be 8 times the world champion would be very fabulous for the end of his career.
    Cheers
    Martial

Wink Re: G2300

Quote Originally Posted by martial
    Thanks everybody for your explanation and your pictures.
    That makes me stronger in my choice.
    But today is a very special day : my favourite F1 driver, Michael Schumacher win his 90th victory and comes back at 2 points behind Alonso for the world championship and to be 8 times the world champion would be very fabulous for the end of his career.
    Cheers
    Martial
    Still I hope Alonso wins this year's Championship (not only for Adan:-D). I think it's the most thrilling F1 Championship in years!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

About Alonso and F1.
    Please accept from me that I write with great respect to Schumi (NOT an angel but, hey, this is F1 racing, and we DON'T want angels, for cryin' out loud!).
    I am very sorry for what happened to Alonso. For some (to me very obscure) reason he got relegated to 10th place on the starting grid, and just 9 laps from the end of the race, having reached 3rd position, he engine blows up. In good proper German: scheiß! Schumi got the very best that he could have obtained, he just simply could not have had a better situation: 10 points against 0. The race that won 2006:
    Now I am fairly sure Ferrari will win the championship. I had hoped for Alonso to win (and still do)(not that I prefer the blue and gold over the red cars). Next season would seem to be very interesting: Raikonen finally getting what he deserves (a good car), Alonso driving Raikonen's car..(???)...
    Sorry to be so off-topic...which driver wears a G-Shock watch???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information