G300-L Opinion

Thread: G300-L Opinion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G300-L Opinion

Hi Guys,
    In the next week a friend of mine will sell me a used G-300L. I'm wondering why these kind of G-Shocks are not very pupular here. Maybe is because of some sort of "weird" look of these watches. Or maybe is because they sit so "high" on the wrist when you wear them. What do you think? Here is a picture that i have taken of my friend's watch. More pics (if you like) when i will receive it the next week.

Cheers
    JK

Wink Re: G300-L Opinion

Hi JK,

I have no idea why they aren't popular here. If you check the header of our forum you'll see the dial of a G-300L with a negative display. Since we had this on top (thanks to AntonisCy) we frequently had questions what model it was, so I think it isn't that un-popular as it looks. I happen to have seen one alive in a shop today, and they don't look bad (although the prices for G-Shock's in the Netherlands are sky high).

I think your picture is great and the watch looks nice to me. I'm looking foreward to other pics when you 've got the watch. Maybe it's an idea to write a review about it in our review section.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: G300-L Opinion

I have the G-301 and I like how it fits and the look. I find the face a little to cluttered, and the Lumos on the hands is not very good.

Still, it is a very nice watch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Hi jonnyk,

Sjors is right, I'm not sure why more people haven't gotten this watch. Especially considering how many questions there still are about what G is in the forum header (even with a sticky on it :-D ). I have one as well, with the blue coloring. I think it's a great watch and like mine very much. The one thing that I really like on it is that when using the stopwatch or countdown timer functions, you will always be able to see what time it is. Some watches don't have that feature, or display the time in one function or the other but not both . The only thing that is a negative for me is the band in kind of long, I have small wrists. I have been thinking about maybe putting a zulu band on it, but like I said that is a personal thing for me. Which is kind of a bummer cuz I like the 'tire tread' look of the band. A couple of pics of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors
    Hi JK,

I have no idea why they aren't popular here. If you check the header of our forum you'll see the dial of a G-300L with a negative display. Since we had this on top (thanks to AntonisCy) we frequently had questions what model it was, so I think it isn't that un-popular as it looks. I happen to have seen one alive in a shop today, and they don't look bad (although the prices for G-Shock's in the Netherlands are sky high).

I think your picture is great and the watch looks nice to me. I'm looking foreward to other pics when you 've got the watch. Maybe it's an idea to write a review about it in our review section.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Thank Sjors, I think that this is a nice watch too. I will pay only 30 Euros for it (It's near mint, with no scratches), here it costs about 80-90 Euros in the shops, but it's not very easy to find. I will post a review with some pics in the reviews section as soon as I receive it.

Cheers
    JK

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D.
    The only thing that is a negative for me is the band in kind of long, I have small wrists. I have been thinking about maybe putting a zulu band on it, but like I said that is a personal thing for me. Which is kind of a bummer cuz I like the 'tire tread' look of the band. A couple of pics of mine.

Hi Brian, I also have small wrists, but I've never cared too much about that (I have a PRG 80 that looks like a desktop clock on my wrists!:-X ). I'm not sure that you could put a zulu strap on a G-300 without an adapter, because I think that you will need a 16 mm strap, wich could look too small if compared to the watch case. I will give a closer inspection to the band when I receive the watch.
    Cheers
    JK

Brian, if you find the band a bit long, you can always try the hot water trick to curve the band, so it wraps around your wrist. Here is the link to the Hot Water Treatment => http://www.larrybiggs.net/scwf/index...&id=1141930599
    Last edited by ggyy1276; September 23rd, 2006 at 21:20.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyk
    Hi Brian, I also have small wrists, but I've never cared too much about that (I have a PRG 80 that looks like a desktop clock on my wrists!:-X ). I'm not sure that you could put a zulu strap on a G-300 without an adapter, because I think that you will need a 16 mm strap, wich could look too small if compared to the watch case. I will give a closer inspection to the band when I receive the watch.
    Cheers
    JK
    Hi JK,

Someone had put a nylon strap on their 300 and posted a pic of it. I've been trying to do a search for it but still haven't found it yet O| . He even mentioned where he got the band and adaptors for it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ggyy1276
    Brian, if you find the band a bit long, you can always try the hot water trick to curve the band, so it wraps around your wrist. Here is the link to the Hot Water Treatment => http://www.larrybiggs.net/scwf/index...&id=1141930599
    Very Cool (or maybe, very hot:-D ), maybe one day I will try the treatment on one of my cheap-beater watch (I don't think i will boil a 25 Euro Citizen band for first). Thanks for sharing the link.

JK

Thumbs Up Re: G300-L Opinion

Hi Jonny K,

I found your review in the review section. It's a great review I think. Thanks!,

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast