G3011 back from the dead!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By furrotik
  • 1 Post By xevious

Thread: G3011 back from the dead!

G3011 back from the dead!

Evening Gents, I recently decided to put life back into my G3011 from middle school, which has been dead in a drawer for years. I figured I'd include some pictures to show this unique G.

G3011 has got a nifty duplex display with multiple color combos, I don't really know of other G-Shocks with that specific attribute. Its also got a Databank for holding phone numbers or locker combos, etc. Standard 5 Alarms, timer, stopwatch, 2nd timezone; pretty basic but I was still pretty surprised to find it had all those features (which I never used as a kid).

As some members have said in previous posts; it is not the prettiest of watches. That being said, it would be an excellent beater or sport watch; it has got big readable digits, metal/aluminum bezel, easy to press buttons, recessed screen, and current time viewable on all modes except the Databank.

It does stick up pretty high on the wrist, like a large red, black, and silver bulge; not the best option for something fancy . You can't really see in the pictures but the screen sits about 2mm below the aluminum bezel so it is pretty well protected!

I was surprised to see how the resin on the 3011 isn't curved like it is on most G-Shocks

Different Duplex Displays:

And some comparison shots with my DW5600MS; the 3011 digits are almost as big as the whole 5600 display!

I honestly have no idea why I got this watch when I was a kid; especially when there were most likely better looking models available. Oh well, I haven't worn it in so long that it feels brand new!
    GS_Leng and Chrisek like this.

Brave Rifles! Veterans!

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Re: G3011 back from the dead!

Congrats on your G-3011 making a comeback, furrotik.
    Name:  Casio-G3010_HeavyMetal-spaceship.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  131.9 KB
    My "cousin" G-3010 says hello (well, not exactly this one, as mine is red--but close enough).\

One other advantage the G-3011/3010 has over other G-Shocks is the alarm loudness. It's REALLY noticeable, and coming from a CR-2016 powered module. It's what all G-Shocks should sound like, but unfortunately CASIO still makes most of their G-Shocks with anemic alarms. I wish they'd let go of the power concerns and let the consumer balance their usage accordingly.
    furrotik likes this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Congrats on your G-3011 making a comeback, furrotik.

One other advantage the G-3011/3010 has over other G-Shocks is the alarm loudness. It's REALLY noticeable, and coming from a CR-2016 powered module.
    it is pretty loud!

Do you think using the red Duplex LCD 3D looking display drains more energy out of the battery than the 2D black display?

Brave Rifles! Veterans!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by furrotik View Post
    Do you think using the red Duplex LCD 3D looking display drains more energy out of the battery than the 2D black display?
    No difference from the black LCD. It's just a different layer being energized.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Def don't wanna hijack your thread, but I sent my recently acquired 3011 on a world tour if you wanna have a look…
    Pleasantly surprised by it and can't wait to see where it turns up next.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-3...-a-705360.html

Cheers,
    C.
    A Møøse once bit my sister...
    Artego Caribbean, 300M
    Casio (too many G's)
    Dagaz(Zero I),
    Gruppo Gamma MK III Vanguard
    Omega(2254.50 SMP)
    Seiko(1G custom Monster, custom 6309)
    Follow my G-Shock on its' world tour​.... https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-...-a-705360.html
    Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

EMT
    This is crazy, I just came across an old 3011 too! It was my grandfather's which he gave to me years ago because he thought it was too complicated haha! I can't even remember when I acquired it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by onrypt View Post
    Def don't wanna hijack your thread, but I sent my recently acquired 3011 on a world tour if you wanna have a look…
    Pleasantly surprised by it and can't wait to see where it turns up next.
    I did see that thread onrypt, the locations look pretty darn interesting. Definitely be following the progress of your 3011

Quote Originally Posted by EMT View Post
    This is crazy, I just came across an old 3011 too! It was my grandfather's which he gave to me years ago because he thought it was too complicated haha!
    That's crazy! No love for the red display EMT?
    Last edited by furrotik; July 4th, 2012 at 12:39.

Brave Rifles! Veterans!

EMT
    Not for me, classic black is easier on the eyes.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information