G7700 Arrival

Thread: G7700 Arrival

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile G7700 Arrival

Well, after enduring Amazon's ridiculously long free shipping wait time, the G7700 arrived yesterday afternoon. I won't bore you with all the features it has (a lot). You can watch DougFNJ's Youtube review for that (Not the boredom--the features.)
    This is a really nice G. I like the looks a lot. It's very modern, and the brushed metal accents around the bezel and the illumination button are IMHO much nicer than the shiny chrome accents of other models. This is one of the few Gs with a brushed metal illumination button that I know of other than the Riseman.
    Even my wife happily approves of this one, which is saying something.
    The fit is very comfortable and the strap is nice, too.
    Here's a quick* pic.

In real life the white thing at the bottom that houses the LED flashers and indicators for alarms, mute, etc. is much less noticeable than in pictures. The indicators are also really really tiny, and hard to see which is kind of a bummer. Fortunately, aside from button mute, they are kind of redundant as there are definite steps in toggling between "ON" and "OFF" on the main display for the various alarms, hourly chime, etc.

*By quick pic I mean I have a cheap camera and am not a good photographer, but I'll say it was quick to make you think that I'm better than I am, but just snapped this one on the fly. I also will absolutely not mention that I took like 12 shots just to get this one.
    Last edited by Caraptor; November 8th, 2009 at 21:19.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

Re: G7700 Arrival

Congrats on your arrival of one of the most fully featured G-Shock watches.

Enjoy!

Great watch
    I have the G7710, and sometimes I hesitate whether to purchase also the G7700
    Enjoy !

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very nice, congrats! I like that square~ish day-week window: makes a nice change from the round eyes.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

Very nice looking G, I like the detail and it looks really cool as well. Solid little unit, I hope you enjoy it!

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

@ caraptor,

congratulations to your G-7700. one of the best and most featured g-shocks indeed

Quote Originally Posted by freeman View Post
    Great watch
    I have the G7710, and sometimes I hesitate whether to purchase also the G7700 Enjoy !
    similar here, i have this:

and often think about to purchase this as well (the yellow/green display is the brightest i have ever seen on any G, very easy to read in low light conditions):

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Nice one, mate! Wear it well and enjoy all its features.

Hi,
    congrats on the G-7700 ! The module is really great - and the alarm is the only G-Shock alarm that actually wakes me up . I had the G-7700 and the G-7710C-2 but sold the G-7700 because the strap of the G-7710 is much thicker and more comfy. Right now Im considering dying it black however 'cuase I got a little tired of the tourquiose color:

Oh and the green one Holger posted is also very nice. I also like the red one . The green, red and blue/turquiose all have the same thick strap. Here's a little comparison pic of what I'm talking about:

Oh and it also has a different buckle:

Enjoy the watch!

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Question Re: G7700 Arrival

Are there adapters available for this model? I have one and would like to put it on a Zulu.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampdude View Post
    Are there adapters available for this model? I have one and would like to put it on a Zulu.
    The G7710CL-3 has a band much like a zulu so you could get adaptors from that model and put them on any G-7### then strap it to a zulu. The key would be getting the proper width of course.

I used to have three of these but the yellow/green is the only one I kept (still don't wear it much as it's on the small side for me). Love the fact that it can display 3 timezones and that the CDT can be set to the second like the Frogman. Also love the options the alarms and chime give with not being simple dailies.

-Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information