G7800 good or bad...please help

Thread: G7800 good or bad...please help

G7800 good or bad...please help

Hi all,
    Can you tell me if G7800 is a good watch or not? Is it comfortable to wear? I'm thinking about buying it because it looks different from other models. even though negative display looks really cool, i think i will go with positive display just because it seems brighter and clearer...please let me know what you think about this watch..... Thank you

Re: G7800 good or bad...please help

Hi,
    Yes G7800 is a very good watch, IMHO. The negative display is by far the most legible one I've ever seen of a watch with that kind of display. The strap is also very comfortable albeit not as silky as the one on GA100.

Hope that helps

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

It's an excellent watch. I won one and I love it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

the watch is good but not great. I agree, that the negative display is among the best (for g-shock standards). light button is too small and too recessed, so sometimes in the middle of the night you have to fiddle around, el-backlight illumination is with 1.5 seconds too shoort. the strap wears okay but is a good portion away from what I consider comfortable. current time is not shown in any other mode. I believe the G-7800 has the longest stopwatch of all G's (100 days !!!) and it's countdown timer can be set to the second and up to 24hours. the watch can be considered dressy, it has the ruggedness of a G and looks elegant at the same time. the display can be configured to personal taste, it allows for instance to display date in european style instead of american style. I simply fail to fell in love with rectangle watches, so probably this is one of two reasons, my G-7800 almost never gets wristtime. the second is the G-7710, which has a similar good negative display but otherwise suits my taste and needs much better.

can I recommend it? yes, as almost any g-shock
    would I buy it again? no

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

I owned one for a while, simply because I was intrigued by it. After a while the novelty wore off and I moved it on. It's comfortable, smart and well-made, but in the long-run the blocky digits didn't appeal.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

That is a sporty and classy watch, perfect for the gym or the office. The contrast of the negative display is by far the best, except in low light conditions, besides it is true that the light button is sometimes hard to reach ... The size of the case is in between the 5600 and the 6900, not too chunky though, on the other hand the strap is pretty thick although comfortable. If you are looking for a tactical G, choose another model, but if you need a dressy versatile G, go for the 7800 (duration of the battery 5 years).

Thread Information