WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

G7900 2DR, Button swap.

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  LUW 
#1 · (Edited)
Watch Wrist Stopwatch Watch accessory Hand
Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Wrist Dive computer
Watch Wrist Finger Strap Hand
Hardwood Wood Technology Flooring Laminate flooring
Circuit component Technology Plywood Electronic device Passive circuit component
Personal protective equipment Bicycle part
Watch Stopwatch Dive computer Wrist Diving equipment
Watch Wrist Stopwatch Hand Electric blue

Material property Electronic device Pattern Magenta

First off, sorry for the pics. Only have my phone.
Anyway, I felt the yellow was too much for my taste. So I ordered the light button and the start/stop button straight from Casio. Great service and price. $0.80 each button and $2.75 shipping.
The grease I have pictured was used on the o rings, seals, and to help hold the c-clip in place before pushing it back on.
I did the start/stop button first because the light button was on back order so they came in separately. Supposed to be 4-6 weeks, but came in three.
I like the look a little better, what do you guys & gals think?

See less See more
#3 ·
All that work to maybe make the watch less water resistant?

#4 ·
Thanks Sedi.

I don't see how it would be less water resistant. The new buttons came with new o-rings and I greased the gasket and made sure it was seated correctly before I put the case back back on.
In all honesty, it wasn't that hard. Took maybe15-20 minutes (each button because I had no patience to wait for the light button to come in). I just used a small flat head screw driver to remove the c-clips. To replace it I used a little grease to hold it in place on the button, made sure the clip was flush with the inside of the case for stability and pushed slowly with the same flat head screw driver. It actually clipped on with less force than I expected. Maybe I just go lucky, but I am pleased with the results. I'm thinking about dying the wings black or dark grey to match the buttons and rivets.

#5 ·
I forgot to give props to the members who contributed to threads like the following:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/how-change-el-light-button-711448.html.

I actually opened up the case the first time and told myself ,"How the heck I'm I going to do this?" So I did a search and that's how I did it. The biggest piece of advice I found useful though was to put a little grease on the clip to hold it in place.

#6 ·
First off, sorry for the pics. Only have my phone.

I like the look a little better, what do you guys & gals think?
Great job, looks cool, now, you have to start saving for a proper camera... :-d

I forgot to give props to the members who contributed to threads like the following:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/how-change-el-light-button-711448.html.

I actually opened up the case the first time and told myself ,"How the heck I'm I going to do this?" So I did a search and that's how I did it. The biggest piece of advice I found useful though was to put a little grease on the clip to hold it in place.
One is glad to be of service :-!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.