G7900-3 or GW6900-1? Help Me Decide!!

Thread: G7900-3 or GW6900-1? Help Me Decide!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

G7900-3 or GW6900-1? Help Me Decide!!

Kinda torn between these 2 models, really want both, but funds won't permit at this time, plus the 7900's are a little to retailish on price right now. I love the GW6900 because its Atomic and Solar, and a great case design. But I love the new look of the green 7900, and it has the tide Feature. I am leaning toward the GW6900 because of the bonus features, I can also get one shipped to the front door for 97 bucks, cheapest I have found the 7900-3 is 159.

Heres the G-7900-3

Heres the GW-6900-1
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Re: G7900-3 or GW6900-1? Help Me Decide!!

Nice problem

Cant go wrong with either

I would get the G7900 first but I really like and use the dual stopwatch on my Mudy so this is a major plus for me. Plus its a new look. not going to see many on other folks for a while

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

For the money and for my opinion - GW6900, no question about it.
    It feels like alot of watch and the solar/atomic is a bonus.

The G7900 is carrying some extra price because its so new. No doubt it will be cheaper than the GW6900 in a few months - pick one up when funds permit!

Personally ive always found the tide graphs a bit gimmicky. Too inaccurate to be useful and I can get good a good surf tide guide on my mobile phone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKWATER View Post
    I am leaning toward the GW6900 because of the bonus features, I can also get one shipped to the front door for 97 bucks, cheapest I have found the 7900-3 is 159.
    I simply cannot say enough good things about the GW6900 series. I have the negative and positive faces and they are my all time favorites.

Where did you find the 7900? I'm really eager to buy one.

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by JokerNJ View Post
    For the money and for my opinion - GW6900, no question about it.
    It feels like alot of watch and the solar/atomic is a bonus.

The G7900 is carrying some extra price because its so new. No doubt it will be cheaper than the GW6900 in a few months - pick one up when funds permit!

Personally ive always found the tide graphs a bit gimmicky. Too inaccurate to be useful and I can get good a good surf tide guide on my mobile phone.
    Thats exactly what I was thinking, in a few months they will be about 79 bucks, Mudman pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I simply cannot say enough good things about the GW6900 series. I have the negative and positive faces and they are my all time favorites.

Where did you find the 7900? I'm really eager to buy one.

Thanks...
    They were just listed on ebay this afternoon, out of Hong Kong, I believe, 159 or best offer, the seller has all the colors available, but, there is one seller out of NY that has a blue one listed for 97 bucks and free shipping, I may have to settle for a blue one at that cost, that was actually my second choice for the 7900, the blue.

An eBay'er from Singapore also has some 7900s for just over $100 with $10 shipping. Beats the price from Hong Kong pretty soundly.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Thanks for providing the info on the current availability & price. Although I'm quite eager to get my hands on a 7900, I never pay over the retail price set for the market in the USA. Currently that price is $99, so I will be happy to wait. The only exception to that rule would be if I found a model so desirable, that price is not a consideration. The 7900 is not one of those, but rather a close second.

In addition what I just heard but cannot confirm until Tuesday, is that Casio USA just got them in. If history is any indicator they should appear on Amazon within days. I got my G-6900 the first day they appeared on Amazon for only $74. Currently they are $98. An interesting trend that I have observed on five different G's from them when first introduced.

Perhaps one of the most fun aspects of collecting G-Shocks is the money one can save on an already reasonably priced watch by simply waiting a bit. Conversely to watch the trends on ebay is also amusing. Where once I used ebay rather frequently, I have all but stopped using them entirely, as the degeneration of sellers integrity has become so predominate.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by natornate View Post
    An eBay'er from Singapore also has some 7900s for just over $100 with $10 shipping. Beats the price from Hong Kong pretty soundly.
    That's competitive pricing considering it's $110 incl. shipping

I can agree with that price, I was gonna offer the seller 99 dollars and see if he takes it, I don't think I will jump into a 7900 just yet, because if I can pick one up for 80 or 90 bucks in a few weeks or a month or so, I will enjoy it much better. Wouldn't be surprised if one doesn't show up over in watch sales, theres gotta be some folks that don't care for it after getting it and wearing it a few times, I'm sure it will sell just as fast as its posted though, eventually I'll get the green one I want.

Wow, $100+ for the 7900 is definitely expensive! I reckon its better to wait until the price drop, should be around the $75-90 mark.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information