G7900 discoloured already
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: G7900 discoloured already

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

G7900 discoloured already

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339090517.164474.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  49.2 KB

Only 3 month old. Not been in sunlight nor do I have a job that involves dirt.

Is this common
    capt_RENGT likes this.

Re: G7900 discoloured already

Unfortunately: Yes. It can stain from wearing long sleeves. I once ruined a white G-Shock by taking a rug out of the washing machine that was not colorfast. I don't think I'll ever again buy a white G with a matte finish.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

I don't even wear long sleeves.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's crazy. It just straight up yellowed. The good thing is that is some of the best resin to dye! Just need to choose a color. ;)

Sent from the office of the reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

LUW

The only thing I avoid more then negative displays is white watches
    volodymyrqa and K1ngunit like this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Funny...I used to be the same way. Now it seems that white watches are all I buy! Especially the 6900FS-8 and the 7900-7.

Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Quote Originally Posted by Golazzo View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339090517.164474.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  49.2 KB

Only 3 month old. Not been in sunlight nor do I have a job that involves dirt.

Is this common
    Common? Can't say

But it is #WillSmithStyle nastee :eek:

Have you tried girly face wipes, like makeup removing pads? Something without alcohol is where I'd start if hot soapy water doesn't work.

Sent through Tapatalk on HTCs Desire.
    Last edited by CanonMan; June 8th, 2012 at 00:40.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Well the OP stated he never wore long sleeves; is it possible Casio designed the matte white finish to turn a vintage yellow?

Has anyone tried magic eraser for this? My wife introduced me to this household cleaning wonder a couple of years ago and I've found almost nothing it can't clean. Seems like it'd work great for that. Easily took red wine stains out of our old off-white countertops before we replaced them as well as any other kind of stain you could think of. It worked even after I tried everthing else I could think of to no avail. Just like the name implied, it literally "erased" any and all discoloration. I don't know what's in it, but it hasn't harmed anything I've put it on. Might be worth running over to the nearest grocery store and spending a couple bucks to buy one and try it. Best of luck!
    Tissot Seastar 1000 silver -------Oceanus OCWM800TBA-1A--------Bulova Precisionist 96b132 --------Orient 'Elite' FET0H001B-------Seiko 5 Pepsi SNZF15K1 -------Invicta 9937ce -------------G-Shock Gw7900b-1 ---------Seiko SKX007------- Panerai Homage x2--------Rotary Chronospeed----------G-Shock GD100-1A-----------Seiko Orange Monster----------Orient Mako XL----------Seiko "Atlas" SKZ209J1

I can't help but think if there was some sort of light source it was exposed to that somehow caused a reaction. You can see areas that are covered, or not as exposed are still white as can be. I had my 7900 for over a year before i dyed it and had nothing like this happen. It would get dirty and turn grey, but not yellow like that. Either a defect in the resin or exposed to something weird...

Hook 'Em!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information