G7900A-7 with strap adapters and black PVD Zulu strap
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: G7900A-7 with strap adapters and black PVD Zulu strap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G7900A-7 with strap adapters and black PVD Zulu strap

Just wanted to show the recent change! I tried using the black strap from another G7900, but for some reason the Zulu strap+adapters just looks better to me. These are 3rd party adapters off of eBay btw. Adapters plus 24mm Zulu strap for $25 shipped.

An extra bonus using these adapters and the Zulu strap: if you have any extra strap you can feed it into the adapter instead of back through the buckles! (pics below, sorry if they're really big, will fix if so).

Not sure if the same can be done with the OEM Casio adapters or not. Can anyone else attest to that?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Schwizzle; December 10th, 2014 at 01:11.
    Seiko SKX781 "Orange Monster"; Deep Blue Protac 1k; Deep Blue DayNight T25; Traser P5900
    G-Shocks: G5600GR ; G5600CC ; G7900A-7 ; MTGM900 ; MTG910DA ; GW2500B ; MTGM530 ; G7900-2DR; GW6900A ; G7900MS ; GLX 5600

Re: G7900A-7 with strap adapters and black PVD Zulu strap

nicely done

Nicely done. Your watermark is way too dominant - very distracting.
    Last edited by Kev55; December 10th, 2014 at 06:55.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here's a couple without any watermarks!

Name:  zulu 1.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  97.5 KB

Name:  zulu 2.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  86.5 KB
    Schwizzle and Kev55 like this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by Kev55 View Post
    Nicely done. Your watermark is way too dominant - very distracting.
    You're right, will have to edit them later. At the time, they didn't seem that bad.
    Kev55 likes this.
    Seiko SKX781 "Orange Monster"; Deep Blue Protac 1k; Deep Blue DayNight T25; Traser P5900
    G-Shocks: G5600GR ; G5600CC ; G7900A-7 ; MTGM900 ; MTG910DA ; GW2500B ; MTGM530 ; G7900-2DR; GW6900A ; G7900MS ; GLX 5600

Quote Originally Posted by Schwizzle View Post
    ...but for some reason the Zulu strap+adapters just looks better to me. These are 3rd party adapters off of eBay btw. Adapters plus 24mm Zulu strap for $25 shipped.

An extra bonus using these adapters and the Zulu strap: if you have any extra strap you can feed it into the adapter instead of back through the buckles! (pics below, sorry if they're really big, will fix if so).

Not sure if the same can be done with the OEM Casio adapters or not. Can anyone else attest to that?
    Yes, you can feed any extra strap end right into Casio's own adapters, which isn't a surprise -- because I have said it here before: these plastic, so-called "third party adapters" sold on eBay and through several other websites ARE CASIO OEM ADAPTERS!

There's absolutely no reason for County Comm or jaysandkays or Broadarrow or anybody else to go to the trouble of having copies of Casio's plastic adapters made, when they can buy them for $4.04 a pair from Pacparts and sell them for $12 plus (in at least one case) $6 for shipping!

I'm not sure how many items I'd have to buy before Pacpart's "free shipping" starts, but if I buy 50 pairs right now, shipping is free. I wonder how many pairs I'd have to buy to get a bulk discount on top of that? I bet one of those companies I mentioned probably know.

Name:  adapter.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  104.0 KB

That's $202 for "inventory" -- and if I were to sell them at $12 a pair, that would be $600 in sales. Subtract my $202 investment and I've made a profit of $398, or $7.96 PER PAIR, essentially tripling my money just by being a go-between! (There's probably a nice profit built into $6 shipping, too, for a padded mailer and minimal postage. The business plan is really simple, and I've been tempted to compete and undercut those companies and sell them for $10 a pair...but I'm not sure how much demand there is for these things.)

Anybody who's willing to possibly wait a few weeks can get their own adapters from Pacparts for $4.04 a pair and $4.95 shipping, but we live in a society where people want their instant gratification NOW!

If four dollars profit per tiny plastic piece isn't enough evidence, why would anybody bother to copy Casio's product DOWN TO THE FANCY, UNNEEDED ANGLES when it would be cheaper to produce them with nothing but 90 degree corners? Two of those companies still have webpages left over from 1997 and one doesn't even have a webpage -- do you really think they contracted with a plastics manufacturer and spent money in order to have molds produced?

Name:  adapter closeup.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  129.9 KB

The only true "aftermarket adapters" are those from Shapeways, Suppa, and Trilotac, which look nothing like Casio's, and are made of machined metal, 3D printed plastic, and 3D printed metal.
    Last edited by Mike K; December 11th, 2014 at 00:36. Reason: Adjusted math to reflect current third-party prices
    StephenWatch, Schwizzle and Kev55 like this.

Well said!! Now, it's been a couple of years, but I got mine from Casio parts (UK) for a few quid. Was shocked at the price folk were ponying up on Ebay for them LOL
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Yes, you can feed any extra strap end right into Casio's own adapters, which isn't a surprise -- because I have said it here before: these plastic, so-called "third party adapters" sold on eBay and through several other websites ARE CASIO OEM ADAPTERS!

There's absolutely no reason for County Comm or jaysandkays or Broadarrow or anybody else to go to the trouble of having copies of Casio's plastic adapters made, when they can buy them for $4.04 a pair from Pacparts and sell them for $25 shipped!
    I'm a big fan of Pac-Parts as well and always go to them first for pricing, and I did see how cheap the adapters are there. After ~$5 shipping, a pair costs $9. However, the guy I bought them from on eBay included the 24mm PVD strap, which by itself can go for around $17 on eBay. So I figured with the strap and the adapters together, close to even, with faster shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    Well said!! Now, it's been a couple of years, but I got mine from Casio parts (UK) for a few quid. Was shocked at the price folk were ponying up on Ebay for them LOL
    ...and don't you wish that YOU had thought of slapping them up there on eBay or your own website ten or fifteen years ago?! (I know that I do!) 95% of the people that they're selling adapters and straps to aren't necessarily the same people who hang around watch forums, and someone Googling "g shock adapter" isn't likely to stumble across Tiktox or Pacparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwizzle View Post
    However, the guy I bought them from on eBay included the 24mm PVD strap, which by itself can go for around $17 on eBay. So I figured with the strap and the adapters together, close to even, with faster shipping.
    Understood, and I have seen myself where there are people reselling the same adapters PLUS a strap for not too ridiculous a price. They're still making some money on the deal, though, so good for them!

My point was that your adapters are still OEM Casio adapters that were simply resold by a third party -- I've seen zero evidence that anybody is making their own look-alike adapters, and there's no reason for anybody to when they can buy the originals so cheaply!
    Schwizzle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Understood, and I have seen myself where there are people reselling the same adapters PLUS a strap for not too ridiculous a price. They're still making some money on the deal, though, so good for them!

My point was that your adapters are still OEM Casio adapters that were simply resold by a third party -- I've seen zero evidence that anybody is making their own look-alike adapters, and there's no reason for anybody to when they can buy the originals so cheaply!
    Thank you for confirming that, because I have a G5600CC (blue version) coming in, and my plan is to replace the blue bezel with the bezel from a GWM5610-1B and a black Zulu strap. If the adapters were 3rd party, I was concerned that the black resin of the adapters wouldn't match the black of the bezel. With them being Casio adapters most likely, should be square.

Just gotta wait on the bezels from Pacparts now.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information