G8000 Silver

Thread: G8000 Silver

G8000 Silver

My silver one arrived today. I've not much to add that I didn't say about the blue one, except this one looks even better 'in person'. I had some concerns about a metalic, futuristic looking watch on my 42 year old wrist, but it actually looks better than the blue one. (My photo doesn't do it justice)

"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Re: G8000 Silver

Cool! Wrist shot when you get a chance, please.
    Wear what you like.

AWESOME LEXX !!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, that display really jumps out at you! People will be reading the time on your watch from across the street.

Enjoy your new purchase....

-Gawain
    Orient: Black Mako (FEM65001BW)
    G-Shock: DW9052-2V, DW56RT-1V, G2500-3V, DW-9700UL-9T, DW-003S, DW-003H-9T, G9000-MX4, DW-004, GW-9200RJ-4JF, G-5500SRF
    Seiko: SKX781 Orange Monster, SNK807 Seiko 5, SUN017P1, SNP105 (incoming)
    Tissot: PRC200
    Other: Stuhrling Skeleton (1070.33161)

"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take this moment and make it perfect."
    ---Dr. Simon Atkins

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
    ---Albert Einstein

"The capper is that, like life, golf is a game that can't be won, only played."
    ---Bagger Vance

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think the main reason I bought 2 was the great module and the current low price, but though I feel more comfortable in chunky black G's, I wore it out today and it didn't seem the least bit strange. It's also nice that they come in tins at this price.

Sorry they're poor shots Bruce. Notice I wore it loose so the strap didn't poke out too much and annoy Tribe.

"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

LOL we wouldn't want to annoy Tribe I think it's a cool watch on the wrist.
    Wear what you like.

These are great watches and I think the value will go up, because casio has stopped producing them.

Quote Originally Posted by michindi View Post
    These are great watches and I think the value will go up, because casio has stopped producing them.
    I certainly can't see it going down. They're the cheapest new G's I've seen in the UK. HK and Singapore sellers are charging about quite a lot more. Perhaps they're selling better over there. The seller I got mine from has a limited choice of colours, but quite a few of each in stock. I wonder if certain colors are just not shifting over here, and are being cleared out cheap and being bought up by such as ebay business sellers. People looking for a rugged outdoor watch might overlook these in favor of models that look the part. I'm not actually sure if they're available through authorised dealers in the UK as I've not seen them in town. Does anyone know? Anyway, that's my theorising over.

I've noticed the silver one doesn't have the mirror display. The mirror display on the blue one is really good as it allows you to see the time in very low light without using the back-light. On the down side it can glare at you a bit in bright light. The display on the silver one is very clear, but otherwise normal. I'm not sure I could choose between them, so I guess it's a good job I got both.

I agree! The 8000's module (2958) has everything you'd want...world time, CDT, stopwatch, alarm ... and home time is displayed in all of the modes!

And the strap is quite comfortable -- a welcome change for the sub-$50 G's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    I think the main reason I bought 2 was the great module and the current low price, but though I feel more comfortable in chunky black G's, I wore it out today and it didn't seem the least bit strange. It's also nice that they come in tins at this price.

Sorry they're poor shots Bruce. Notice I wore it loose so the strap didn't poke out too much and annoy Tribe.
    Stuck in landlocked Atlanta.
    My divers:
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon White "Mad Cow"
    Doxa Sub750T Caribbean
    Stowa Seatime ProDiver (Black)
    Seikos: 6105, 6309, 7002, 7S26, and 6R15 Divers
    G Shocks: DW5600, DW6100, DW6600, DW9000, G9000 Mudman, G9100 Gulfman, MTG900, GW200 Frogman, GS1000 Giez and a dozen more!

Thread Information