G8000F a pleasant surprise!

Thread: G8000F a pleasant surprise!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

G8000F a pleasant surprise!

I have never been a fan of this style of G-Shock and always told myself I would never buy one.

However it had been a slow month for 'G's and this one was on ebay for a very low price.

I threw on a bid and got it for about £12.

It arrived today in absolutely mint condition, I don't think it's ever been worn( no box or manual ).

Oddly some watches you are expecting to be great let you down but this one that I was expecting to be poor is really nice! In pictures it always looks cheap and plastic but it's pretty solid and more square than rectangular which it sometimes looks.

Very clear and interesting display and a nice shiny strap!

I wished I'd bid a few £ more on a G8100 from the same seller which went to another forum member.

Any thoughts?

Watches are frickin evil!

Re: G8000F a pleasant surprise!

The G-8000 is one of the best G-Shocks there is. If only the strap weren't quite so long... which is why I passed my plain black example on to someone else.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Those are interesting G's...

I've got the sparkley blueish purple version and I do enjoy wearing it. Just like you stated, the displays on these are very clear.

In many ways, they are very unlike most G's. I'm still not used to the absence of all the writing on the case or strap that you normally see. I've also noticed that there is a new design in the way the jacket fits over the case in a way that makes it easier to remove and add it without tearing it up. How many of you out there have gotten little tears by the buttons on old jackets when you removed them? I know I have. Casio changed the design on these so it won't happen.

Anyway, it's a very futuristic looking and feeling G Shock and for those of you who haven't tried one, they are worth a look.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    The G-8000 is one of the best G-Shocks there is. If only the strap weren't quite so long... which is why I passed my plain black example on to someone else.
    The strap end is only about half way up my wrist. Doesn't seem long on me.

This one has a long strap!!

A 5600 strap is about right for my 7 and-a-bit wrist, and I think the G-8000 strap is a good bit longer. Long enough, anyway, to give that 'poking up' look, which I don't like.

Shame - the function list and display clarity made it damn near perfect...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I think they're brilliant. I also know what you mean about them looking more square than on most pics. The only reason I don't wear mine more is because I bought a blue and a silver one at what seemed a cheap price, and at 42 I'm not fully comfortable with anything that 'trendy'. I may try trading one for a black one at some point, or chuck it in some black dye. The G8000 is a keeper for me in any event.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

I have a G8000 and really like it, both the looks and functions. I kind of see what Tribe125 means about the strap but it's just about ok on my wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    I think they're brilliant. I also know what you mean about them looking more square than on most pics. The only reason I don't wear mine more is because I bought a blue and a silver one at what seemed a cheap price, and at 42 I'm not fully comfortable with anything that 'trendy'. I may try trading one for a black one at some point, or chuck it in some black dye. The G8000 is a keeper for me in any event.

yeah, with g-shocks I'm kind of "any colour as long as it's black", I'm 38 and of rather conservative appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    or chuck it in some black dye. The G8000 is a keeper for me in any event.
    Well if you need any dying advice... ask someone else!

Just a quick question. All the other models I have seen on here say 'WR200M' at the bottom of the module. Mine says 'WR20BAR' I know it means the same thing but why the different format?

**** Ah I think it's because mine is a G8000'F' the 'F' ones seem to have this!

Check this link for super cheap G8000's!

http://www.jomashop.com/casiogccubed.html
    Last edited by hoochy; September 26th, 2007 at 18:26.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information