G9000 mudman or gw2310
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: G9000 mudman or gw2310

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

G9000 mudman or gw2310

I am going to get a G shock primarily for wearing to the gym and on bike rides. I have narrowed my choices to the G9000 mudman or the gw2310. I am curious on the forum's thoughts on these. I know the gw2310 is solar and atomic but these features are not a big deal to me (I am not interested in the G2310 because I am not a fan of the red on the bezel).

Thanks

Re: G9000 mudman or gw2310

I like the 2310 more, but the display is not as lively (boring to look at) and it has spring bars. the Mudman has screws that hold the straps to the case, which makes it tougher, but the face is kindda crooked, and the backcase protector will keep all the dirts from all of your adventures so you have to clean it once in a while Mudman is also a Master of G's , better built better quality But having to make a choice, I'd go with the 2310

Thanks. To throw one more watch in to the mix I am also now considering the GWM5610-1. I like the more understated look but I prefer the buttons on the mudman and gw2310

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

the square one definitly, but also the muddy, fits really good on the wrist.

buy them all:)

whoa, talking about buttons, which I forgot in the previous post: the light button is also important to me since I am a night person, so one more vote for the 2310 didn't you know that the 2310 is the son of the G-2000, which has the same look minus the light button, G-2000 is a screwback that many consider it as the poorman's frogman ... so 2310 must be related to the frogman somehow, right ? LOLzI like the 5610 too but lately I find all the letterings on the case is little busy for my eyes. So I still pick the 2310, the most underated Gshock of all time, just because the display is little dead, you stare at it and nothing going on except the second numbers

For road riding, the GWM-5610 is a great choice. The digits are nice and big.

Tiny digits, like on the 2310 can be very hard to read while your hands are on the bars.

For off-road riding, totally the Mudman. It was tailor made for the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbait View Post
    For road riding, the GWM-5610 is a great choice. The digits are nice and big.

Tiny digits, like on the 2310 can be very hard to read while your hands are on the bars.

For off-road riding, totally the Mudman. It was tailor made for the sport.
    Thanks for the insight. I do both road and off road riding.

Quote Originally Posted by dlavi View Post
    Thanks for the insight. I do both road and off road riding.
    Nice. I use an old G-9000 Mudman for mountain biking. When I get home, I strap the Mudman to my top tube, and hose it down with the rest of the bike. Hahahahahaha

I'm currently using a GW-5600 for road riding. It has nice big fat digits, and the strap is super-comfy.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by dlavi View Post
    I am going to get a G shock primarily for wearing to the gym and on bike rides. I have narrowed my choices to the G9000 mudman or the gw2310. I am curious on the forum's thoughts on these. I know the gw2310 is solar and atomic but these features are not a big deal to me (I am not interested in the G2310 because I am not a fan of the red on the bezel).
    For gym honestly neither one. The G-9000 has far too hard to press buttons and this goes even more with wet/sweaty hands. The buttons of the GW2300 are too recessed and fiddly to be useful either. To date I'm not aware of ANY G that I find sufficient for gym or sport workouts in general. IMO you are far better off with a Timex, look at the Ironman line for instance.

For bike rides any G will be good but I prefer the G-7900 over the G-9000 by miles. The module is very similar (with an added tide and moon graph) but the buttons are very easy to press, even with thick gloves. If solar/atomic is a must have for you, take a look at the GW-7900.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    To date I'm not aware of ANY G that I find sufficient for gym or sport workouts in general. IMO you are far better off with a Timex, look at the Ironman line for instance.
    The best G I've found for gym use is the old DW56RT. Huge numbers and interval timers. Absolutely perfect for tabata workouts. Not pretty IMHO, but very comfy. Buttons could be a tad easier to press, but good for a G-Shock.

Last edited by Buzzbait; December 16th, 2013 at 20:21.
    Chrisek, xevious and mitadoc like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information