G9000MS Reverse Display

Thread: G9000MS Reverse Display

G9000MS Reverse Display

Hello guys, I want to know if any of you reversed the display on the G9000MS.Name:  p127517b.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  69.9 KB
    First of all, is it possible? If it is I will be happy to be explained how.
    If any of you did change, I will be happy to see the result because I consider changing the display myself.
    Thanks and have a great day!

Re: G9000MS Reverse Display

First off: Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Second: I haven't modified my Mudman's display, but the basic steps should be covered by these two links in the "Tutorials" section: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/how...ay-129102.html

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/vid...ay-934403.html

I used the first link to reverse the display in my DW-5600, and the actual process was relatively easy and (I think) the "mod" turned out pretty nicely!

Third: It's been mentioned in a few threads, but instead of buying "polarizing film" you can get the same results by using one of the lenses from a pair of "Real D" glasses that you can by going to a 3D movie (or having a friend that goes to a lot of those movies!) Note that it has to be the "Real D" type lenses, which use polarization to make the effect, and NOT the old-fashioned red-and-blue lenses from some older 3D movies.

Fourth: Be aware that a negative display on a watch CAN BE more difficult to read IN CERTAIN TYPES OF LIGHTING, whether it's a "mod" or one that Casio built that way in the factory! Casio's "stock photos" -- like the picture you posted -- are always taken in bright light, and the display is usually easier to read in the pictures than the watch might be in real life, especially in dim lighting.

Of course, the watch will still have the "Electro-Luminescent" backlight, but you might wind up using the light button a bit more often with a negative display.
    Last edited by Mike K; December 26th, 2013 at 03:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    First off: Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Second: I haven't modified my Mudman's display, but the basic steps should be covered by these two links in the "Tutorials" section: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/how...ay-129102.html

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/vid...ay-934403.html

I used the first link to reverse the display in my DW-5600, and the actual process was relatively easy and (I think) the "mod" turned out pretty nicely!

Third: It's been mentioned in a few threads, but instead of buying "polarizing film" you can get the same results by using one of the lenses from a pair of "Real D" glasses that you can by going to a 3D movie (or having a friend that goes to a lot of those movies!) Note that it has to be the "Real D" type lenses, which use polarization to make the effect, and NOT the old-fashioned red-and-blue lenses from some older 3D movies.

Fourth: Be aware that a negative display on a watch CAN BE more difficult to read IN CERTAIN TYPES OF LIGHTING, whether it's a "mod" or one that Casio built that way in the factory! Casio's "stock photos" -- like the picture you posted -- are always taken in bright light, and the display is usually easier to read in the pictures than the watch might be in real life, especially in dim lighting.

Of course, the watch will still have the "Electro-Luminescent" backlight, but you might wind up using the light button a bit more often with a negative display.
    Hey! Thanks for the nice welcome and the good answer.
    I still have a few questions:
    I am on my mobile and the video is not working so if there is any other i will be glad to know.
    Can i take apart the watch without all of the tools that are mentioned?
    Thanks again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by omerm96 View Post
    I still have a few questions:
    I am on my mobile and the video is not working so if there is any other i will be glad to know.
    I personally don't know of any other video tutorials; that video is only a couple of months old so it didn't even exist when I used the written version to do my "mod." (Don't even get me started on why I generally prefer written tutorials to video versions. )

Quote Originally Posted by omerm96 View Post
    Can i take apart the watch without all of the tools that are mentioned?
    I'm betting you're referring to the tools in the first link: depending on your manual dexterity and skill level with tools, it's entirely possible to do the entire process with fewer tools than those listed!

I did my "conversion" with one mini-screwdriver (mine has interchangeable Phillips and flat bits), scissors, and some cotton swabs. A lot of people on this forum routinely use a flat-bladed mini-screwdriver as a makeshift springbar tool, but a tool designed for the purpose is probably better.

Tweezers would have been easier than using my fingers for moving the small pieces of polarizing film around without fingerprints, but I just carefully held the new film by the edges. A sharp knife probably would have made a better, flatter "cut" for the edge of the film instead of scissors that slightly curled the edges, but since my new piece of film was larger than the original, you can't see the edges when the watch is assembled.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    A lot of people on this forum routinely use a flat-bladed mini-screwdriver as a makeshift springbar tool, but a tool designed for the purpose is probably better.
    No springbar-tool needed on the G-9000 as it doesn't have springbars.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thread Information