G9100/GW9100 Gulfman owners question
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: G9100/GW9100 Gulfman owners question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southeast USA
    Posts
    523

    G9100/GW9100 Gulfman owners question

    Hey guys I had a few questions about the band on these two models for those of you who own one. I was looking for a titanium buckle to put on a 5600/5610 band. I ran across a few threads mentioning these were titanium. So my question is are they made of titanium? Iíve seen some threads say they are and few say they arenít. Iím assuming they are at least made from a very rust resistant material since they are advertised as rust resistant. Secondly is the band width the same size as a 5600/5610 band so the buckle will fit properly? I know the buckle doesnít have the usual pin holding it in place and requires it to be muscled off. Thanks for any help guys.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Member ahmadzaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    128

    Re: G9100/GW9100 Gulfman owners question

    Quote Originally Posted by lukemeetze View Post
    Hey guys I had a few questions about the band on these two models for those of you who own one. I was looking for a titanium buckle to put on a 5600/5610 band. I ran across a few threads mentioning these were titanium. So my question is are they made of titanium? I’ve seen some threads say they are and few say they aren’t. I’m assuming they are at least made from a very rust resistant material since they are advertised as rust resistant. Secondly is the band width the same size as a 5600/5610 band so the buckle will fit properly? I know the buckle doesn’t have the usual pin holding it in place and requires it to be muscled off. Thanks for any help guys.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its Titanium for the case and caseback, buckle stainless steel :)
    memento_mori likes this.
    // an old guy and the old watch //

    // dw5000c-1a , dw5000c-1b , dw5000c f1 , ww5100c-1 , ww5100c-9 , dw5200c-1 , dw5200c-9 , ww5300c , swc05 , dw5500c //
    // dw5600c-1 , dw5600c-1v , dw5600c9v , dw5600c-9cv , dw5600c-9b , dw5600c-9bv , dw5600b-2v , dw5600b-3v , dw5600d-1 //
    // dw5800c-1 , dw1983-1 , dw1983 ptt //


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southeast USA
    Posts
    523

    Re: G9100/GW9100 Gulfman owners question

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadzaki View Post
    Its Titanium for the case and caseback, buckle stainless steel :)
    Do you happen to have a link to where this information is?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member GaryK30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA, USA
    Posts
    6,074

    Re: G9100/GW9100 Gulfman owners question

    I'm not sure about the G-9100 and GW-9100, but I think the buckle on the GW-9110 is titanium. As I recall from testing this before, the buckle on my GW-9110 is not attracted to a magnet, but the buckles on my other Gs are generally slightly attracted to a magnet.

    Probably somebody with the proper equipment could do a density analysis to verify this. Otherwise, you might try contacting Casio.

    On the web page for the GW-9110-1JF, it doesn't say definitively that the buckle is titanium, but it does say, "Metal parts that come in contact with the outside air are made of titanium."

    https://translate.google.com/transla...1/&prev=search

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southeast USA
    Posts
    523

    G9100/GW9100 Gulfman owners question

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    I'm not sure about the G-9100 and GW-9100, but I think the buckle on the GW-9110 is titanium. As I recall from testing this before, the buckle on my GW-9110 is not attracted to a magnet, but the buckles on my other Gs are generally slightly attracted to a magnet.

    Probably somebody with the proper equipment could do a density analysis to verify this. Otherwise, you might try contacting Casio.

    On the web page for the GW-9110-1JF, it doesn't say definitively that the buckle is titanium, but it does say, "Metal parts that come in contact with the outside air are made of titanium."

    https://translate.google.com/transla...1/&prev=search
    Thanks unfortunately that buckle wonít fit a 5600 band since it has the 2 prongs. Maybe someone can chime in that has a 9100 as to whether the buckle is slightly magnetic or not.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GaryK30 likes this.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southeast USA
    Posts
    523

    Re: G9100/GW9100 Gulfman owners question

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    I'm not sure about the G-9100 and GW-9100, but I think the buckle on the GW-9110 is titanium. As I recall from testing this before, the buckle on my GW-9110 is not attracted to a magnet, but the buckles on my other Gs are generally slightly attracted to a magnet.

    Probably somebody with the proper equipment could do a density analysis to verify this. Otherwise, you might try contacting Casio.

    On the web page for the GW-9110-1JF, it doesn't say definitively that the buckle is titanium, but it does say, "Metal parts that come in contact with the outside air are made of titanium."

    https://translate.google.com/transla...1/&prev=search
    Do you happen to have a link like that for the info on the g9100 or gw9100?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Member GaryK30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA, USA
    Posts
    6,074

    Re: G9100/GW9100 Gulfman owners question

    Quote Originally Posted by lukemeetze View Post
    Do you happen to have a link like that for the info on the g9100 or gw9100?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here you go. It basically says the same thing about all the metal parts being titanium, without specifically stating so regarding the buckle.

    https://translate.google.com/transla...1/&prev=search

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southeast USA
    Posts
    523

    Re: G9100/GW9100 Gulfman owners question

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    Here you go. It basically says the same thing about all the metal parts being titanium, without specifically stating so regarding the buckle.

    https://translate.google.com/transla...1/&prev=search
    Thanks a lot. Sure seems that it would be titanium. Now I just need someone who has one to chime in on the width compared to the 5600 strap to make sure itís not wider.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GaryK30 likes this.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southeast USA
    Posts
    523

    Re: G9100/GW9100 Gulfman owners question

    For you guys with Gulfmen is the buckle labeled Japan?

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southeast USA
    Posts
    523

    Re: G9100/GW9100 Gulfman owners question

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadzaki View Post
    Its Titanium for the case and caseback, buckle stainless steel :)
    Is the buckle labeled Japan or something else?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. GW9100 Gulfman construction question?
      By usc1 in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: January 3rd, 2011, 19:27
    2. G9100-1 Gulfman Question
      By combattank in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: February 13th, 2010, 15:22
    3. G9100/GW9100 Gulfman - Suunto strap adapter?
      By simonlee007 in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: May 25th, 2009, 02:00
    4. Question for GW-9100 Gulfman owners
      By ffeelliixx in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: July 29th, 2007, 18:46
    5. Question for new Gulfman owners ....
      By Gordon in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: July 21st, 2007, 04:42

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts