G9100 vs GW9100 gulfman
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: G9100 vs GW9100 gulfman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26

    G9100 vs GW9100 gulfman

    Hi
    I'm just wondering if there is the different between G9100 and GW9100. I know that one is solar and another is not, but how about the built quality between the two? r they the same?
    Thank you so much for your help and sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm still learning about G Shock

  2. #2
    Member usc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    2,696

    Re: G9100 vs GW9100 gulfman

    Quote Originally Posted by Patra View Post
    Hi
    I'm just wondering if there is the different between G9100 and GW9100. I know that one is solar and another is not, but how about the built quality between the two? r they the same?
    Thank you so much for your help and sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm still learning about G Shock
    search the thread i started several days ago. there were some good photos of what the gw9100 looked like without the resin outer casing. there is also a thread entitled, "the gulfman dissected." pretty informative.

    after reading and seeing breakdown photos of the gw9100, i am still debating as to whether the two pieces of titanium wedged on top of the resin case is worth it. i love the look of the gw9100 though.

    hope that helps.
    "It is the hour of pearl—the interval between day and night when time stops and examines itself."
    -j. steinbeck

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26

    Re: G9100 vs GW9100 gulfman

    hmmm i read the thread 'the gulfman dissected' lastnight and was thinking about it the whole night. What a heated conversation:)...what got me interested in Gulfman G9100 is The Gadget Show.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member tribe125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    29,513

    Re: G9100 vs GW9100 gulfman

    The GW-9100 is atomic as well as solar. The titanium inner bezel ring certainly gives it a classier look, and to my eyes it's a better-looking model than the G-9100.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

  6. #5
    Member cal..45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)
    Posts
    8,512

    Re: G9100 vs GW9100 gulfman

    I agree with tribe on the cosmetic aspect. The G-9100 however, has much better and advanced functions.


    cheers
    We are 12.6 %

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26

    Re: G9100 vs GW9100 gulfman

    how about manufacturing quality? are they the same? which one is stronger

  8. #7
    Member tribe125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    29,513

    Re: G9100 vs GW9100 gulfman

    Quote Originally Posted by Patra View Post
    how about manufacturing quality? are they the same? which one is stronger
    Identical. The ti bits resist rust, of course, but that's hardly a big problem.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26

    Re: G9100 vs GW9100 gulfman

    Thanks for your help. I find GW 9100 looks better but also the price is quite alot higher than G9100 as well. Im glad to hear that the quality between the two are about the same. i read the thread 'the gulfman dissected' lastnight and now having the second thought about buying this gulfman.

  10. #9
    Member tribe125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    29,513

    Re: G9100 vs GW9100 gulfman

    Quote Originally Posted by Patra View Post
    Thanks for your help. I find GW 9100 looks better but also the price is quite alot higher than G9100 as well. Im glad to hear that the quality between the two are about the same. i read the thread 'the gulfman dissected' lastnight and now having the second thought about buying this gulfman.
    Why? Did you think the whole case was titanium?
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26

    Re: G9100 vs GW9100 gulfman

    yes thats what i thought.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •