G9300-1 Mudman Buttons Tearing?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By G-fob

Thread: G9300-1 Mudman Buttons Tearing?

G9300-1 Mudman Buttons Tearing?

Hi all - quick question. I am still trying to decide if I want to get a Mudman or a Rangeman. One of the thoughts that keeps crossing my mind is "how durable are the Mudman's (resin/rubber/plastic) buttons"? I envision them tearing fairly readily if they were to get snagged on, say, a nail as I am ripping up carpet, a nail as I am ripping cabinets off the wall to install new ones, some other tough manual labor, etc.

Has anyone had any issues with this? What is your experience? If the answer is "take off the watch when doing these things", then I may need to get a Rangeman with steel buttons!

Re: G9300-1 Mudman Buttons Tearing?

what do we know ? most of us have a desk-job, and the hardest work we ever do would be emptying the trashcan

those who have physical jobs don't wear Gshock that costs more than 100 bucks

LOLz
    Rocat likes this.

The rubber-y resin buttons are actually "button covers" on the newer 9000 series Mudman line, and attached to/part of the bezel -- so if they DO get damaged, it's a pretty easy fix.

I've read a couple of threads where people have mentioned that the button covers have split after several years of use, primarily because of age, but I haven't read any threads where people mentioned tearing them on other objects.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If I would be doing work like that I would wear something cheaper and smaller then a G-shock. Perhaps a regular Casio or something with a metal case..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    The rubber-y resin buttons are actually "button covers" on the newer 9000 series Mudman line, and attached to/part of the bezel -- so if they DO get damaged, it's a pretty easy fix.

I've read a couple of threads where people have mentioned that the button covers have split after several years of use, primarily because of age, but I haven't read any threads where people mentioned tearing them on other objects.
    You mean the "older" 9000 Mudman series like the G9000, GW9000A and GW9010. All 3 of these models have the outer one piece resin bezel which also cover all 4 buttons. The outer resin bezel around the buttons on these particular models that I just mentioned can crack and tear from age and usage over the years. The resin bezel can be easily replaced. You can find them on EBay or at PacParts.

Quote Originally Posted by bicycle_1 View Post
    You mean the "older" 9000 Mudman series like the G9000, GW9000A and GW9010. All 3 of these models have the outer one piece resin bezel which also cover all 4 buttons. The outer resin bezel around the buttons on these particular models that I just mentioned can crack and tear from age and usage over the years. The resin bezel can be easily replaced. You can find them on EBay or at PacParts.
    Those are indeed the ones I meant by "9000 series," and they're newer than some of the first generation watches to bear the Mudman name, like the DW-8400 that people around here bring up from time to time! https://forums.watchuseek.com/f105/dw...ng-lo-183.html

I guess they're "older" than the 9300 version, though.

Quote Originally Posted by einsteinjon View Post
    Hi all - quick question. I am still trying to decide if I want to get a Mudman or a Rangeman. One of the thoughts that keeps crossing my mind is "how durable are the Mudman's (resin/rubber/plastic) buttons"? I envision them tearing fairly readily if they were to get snagged on, say, a nail as I am ripping up carpet, a nail as I am ripping cabinets off the wall to install new ones, some other tough manual labor, etc.Has anyone had any issues with this? What is your experience? If the answer is "take off the watch when doing these things", then I may need to get a Rangeman with steel buttons!
    Hi! I think it's buttons will not tear easily because it is like a rubber. It also covers all 5 buttons. If ever i will do those work that you mention, i will not take off my mudman. But if you are afraid about it's buttons being tear, I suggest you get the Rangeman.

I use my 9300 prity hard. At least once or twice a day it gets hit against metal or other hard material and the buttons gets scratched with plastic bits, hard cardboard and etc. No wear seen. More than two months of hard everyday use in warehouse/factory.

Quote Originally Posted by stafass View Post
    I use my 9300 prity hard. At least once or twice a day it gets hit against metal or other hard material and the buttons gets scratched with plastic bits, hard cardboard and etc. No wear seen. More than two months of hard everyday use in warehouse/factory.

Good to hear! Thanks for sharing your experience. I think I'm leaning toward Rangeman, but if I go with the Mudman, I'm glad to hear the buttons can hold up.

Thread Information