G9300 Mudman compass issue...
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: G9300 Mudman compass issue...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question G9300 Mudman compass issue...

Got a Muddy about a week ago, brand new. Compass started acting weird 2 days ago (it worked normally for the first few days).

So...I hold the watch horizontally and spin it in any direction slowly to see what bearing it'll show...pointers keep spinning indecisively every second and it doesn't show correct bearrings. I've made a comparison with my old manual compass...Muddy's compass went haywire. I read the manual, tried calibrating it by instructions and it just won't work properly. I assume it's due to magnetisation from the TV, PC, cell phone etc in my home, the watch is in close proximity (few meters) with those devices most of the time...so...what do you think, any advice?

If it is magnetisation I have no idea how to demagnetize it...or even if it's possible to do so...share your thoughts please.

Thanks.
    Best regards,
    AJ

Re: G9300 Mudman compass issue...

i encountered the same problem a few months back. calibrated it and still having issues, mine was simply showing S or SE no matter which direction i pointed it to. you have to bring it down to casio for them to repair already. they will do a module replacement for you.
    andrija86ze likes this.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I'll do that.

Cheers
    Best regards,
    AJ

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You should contact the retailer and seen as the watch is only a week old get a replacement. I would never accept a repair on an brand new item a week old, it's a replacement or refund.

Nearly everyone's watch is in close proximity to mobile phones Laptops etc, also I though that watch has anti-magnetic properties.
    Last edited by Times_end; May 25th, 2015 at 14:06.
    andrija86ze likes this.
    "who in his mind has not probed the black water"
    I am become death destroyer of worlds"

it means the aliens are nearby )-:..

out of curiosity, what happens when you shield it in foil? (the watch, not your head)
    andrija86ze likes this.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Guys...I made a mistake while calibrating the watch. It's all fine now. When I performed bidirectional calibration I didn't spin the watch for 180 degrees when calibrating second direction, because I didn't read the manual carefully...and it's also logical to spin it.
    Thanks for your replies.

@soulbridgemedia, I have no idea what would happen...IMHO it wouldn't be ready for the oven unless you put double layer of foil.

P.S. your signature inspired me to make my own...
    soulbridgemedia likes this.
    Best regards,
    AJ

Quote Originally Posted by andrija86ze View Post
    Guys...I made a mistake while calibrating the watch. It's all fine now. When I performed bidirectional calibration I didn't spin the watch for 180 degrees when calibrating second direction, because I didn't read the manual carefully...and it's also logical to spin it.
    Thanks for your replies.

@soulbridgemedia, I have no idea what would happen...IMHO it wouldn't be ready for the oven unless you put double layer of foil.

P.S. your signature inspired me to make my own...
    So happy you managed to sort it out, the mudman is a great watch, the only time I had problem with the compass was when I tried to check directions with an iPhone compass near it
    andrija86ze likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mirciox View Post
    So happy you managed to sort it out, the mudman is a great watch, the only time I had problem with the compass was when I tried to check directions with an iPhone compass near it
    Tnx man...agreed, I love it. I'll have to see how the compass behaves underwater. I'll check and report back.

Why an Iphone...due to magnetization or something else?
    Last edited by andrija86ze; June 15th, 2015 at 15:15.
    Best regards,
    AJ

Quote Originally Posted by andrija86ze View Post
    Tnx man...agreed, I love it. I'll have to see how the compass behaves underwater. I'll check and report back.

Why an Iphone...due to magnetization or something else?
    Don't check the compass underwater, you might have a bad surprise! Also buttons are not to be pressed underwater....

I wanted to compare the iphone compass accuracy with the watch compass accuracy, and both the sensors went berserk... It probably influenced one another
    andrija86ze likes this.

I understand what you're saying for buttons, altough every G shock has double button gaskets ("o" rings) I think. I've already used the buttons underwater on the simplest G shocks, no issues at all (but that's just my experience). Not regarding the buttons...why wouldn't you recommend using a compass underwater? I've never tried it before.

Wait a minute...BOTH sensors went haywire...why both?! :/ It doesn't make any sense unless there was another source of strong magnetism...
    Last edited by andrija86ze; June 16th, 2015 at 15:31.
    Best regards,
    AJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information