G9300GY arrived. Thoughts >>>>
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Norrie
  • 1 Post By Norrie
  • 1 Post By Norrie

Thread: G9300GY arrived. Thoughts >>>>

G9300GY arrived. Thoughts >>>>

My new G9300GY turned up in the post yesterday. Took 3 weeks to get here from Hong Kong and clear customs. Ordered it from gowatchsite.com for $186 inc postage. It is a really nice watch. The grey looks so different in everyone's photos but for anyone wondering, it's about half way between mid grey and black. Probably about 80% black. And probably neither cool or warm grey. Pretty neutral. The face is a lot darker than I expected. Especially inside. The only thing I don't like about the watch is the colour of the solar panel. If you look at it square on, it's fine but at the angle you hold it to see the time when on your wrist, it's quite light compared to the black of the reverse digital display and I find it detracts from an otherwise beautifully designed watch. Its quite reflective and slightly purple-black-grey. That said, I'm still really happy with it and for anyone thinking of getting one online, I can recommend gowatchsite.com. Not great in the communication department since I'm guessing they don't speak/read English, but the watch arrived.

I'd post a pic but my iPhone doesn't want to play and plenty of you have already uploaded pics of the same watch.

Another quick point: the backlight could be brighter and more like my Krink.

Re: G9300GY arrived. Thoughts >>>>

Here's the watch. And my two little buddies.

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 1026
Size:  537.4 KB
    n_wildgirl likes this.

And no idea why this pic came in sideways like me at 2am on a Sunday morning.
    GTR83 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here we go!

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 867
Size:  515.2 KB
    wovivi01 likes this.

Nice pic - this is certainly the best-looking G-9300 to date. Cute dogs too .

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Definitely a better looker than a King in my opinion, maybe I'll try to find someone willing to swap... No new 9300GY units arriving to my local supplier for the time being, due to the flood in Thailand. The solar panel does look too light in color compared to the rest of the face, but overall still a very handsome G-Shock. Congrats on the new family member.

Can´t go wrong with a 9300, and good deal on the GY, it´s getting pricy. Nice dogs, is the lying one an yorkshire?

Go Team Bravus!!

Quote Originally Posted by Norrie
    Here we go!
    Thanks for the review and pic. I was wondering, how big is your wrist? I was thinking of getting one of these, but I have smallish wrists and not sure I could pull it off.
    Last edited by Fingolfin; December 6th, 2011 at 05:19.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny.bravus View Post
    Can´t go wrong with a 9300, and good deal on the GY, it´s getting pricy. Nice dogs, is the lying one an yorkshire?
    No, they're spoodles. Half cocker spaniel and half mini poodle. Great dogs with heaps of personality. The brown one has a bit more poodle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    Thanks for the review and pic. I was wondering, how big is your wrist? I was thinking of getting one of these, but I have smallish wrists and not sure I could pull it off.
    Don't know the measurement but let's just say average. It's wears about the same as the GW3000 aviator. Maybe a tiny bit bigger. Smaller than the GA100 but a bit taller. Hope that helps.

Thread Information