GA-100 problems

Thread: GA-100 problems

GA-100 problems

Hi folks, I just picked up a like new G and to my dismay, the "D" or "forward" button at 4 o'clock doesn't work. Additionally, the alarm is not making sound but when activated the indicator flashes on the dial......Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Marc
    Sine Macula

Re: GA-100 problems

Any chance the battery is low?
    Sine Macula

Quote Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
    Hi folks, I just picked up a like new G and to my dismay, the "D" or "forward" button at 4 o'clock doesn't work. Additionally, the alarm is not making sound but when activated the indicator flashes on the dial......Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Marc
    Hi Marc,

The Foward button at 4 o'clock is meant for dial adjustment. If you press & hold it for 2 seconds, the dials will move to 12 o'clock position. This is to adjust the dial in case is out of "tune" due to strong magnetism or strong impact.

In other words, is call as Home Position Adjustment Function by Casio.

For battery, you may inspect whether the screen is too dim or weak. This GA-100 screen contrast may not good as G-7710, G-7800B series.

cheers,

yschow

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for thr reply yschow.......This morning with trepidation I removed the case back to see if the button was making contact. To my surprise I discovered that this watch doesn't have a rubber mat which I thought was standard for providing the shock absorption. Inside was simply a white plastic shroud which appears to aid in aligning the movement in the case. The good news is that I was able to get the watch to function fully after manipulating the spring bars ensuring that contact was complete. The "forward" button is now operating properly and the alarm is working.

Can anyone confirm or deny my thought that there should be a rubber mat in there? Also, the clasp is etched Casio China.......normal?

Thanks again for reading, any assistance is greatly appreciated.
    Sine Macula

Clasp - normal.

I don't know what the internal construction of a GA-100 is but on a brand new watch it would be a warning signal that the alarm was not working because of a bad contact - indicates the watch has been opened since manufacture.

You say yours is like new - again, can't say what should be in back of a GA-100 or in fact any G as I've never opened any of mine for sure...but sounds like yours has been opened...which is consistent with a missing shock absorber...

Glad to hear you are not having anymore trouble with your GA-100. I just purchase one last week and it seems to get the most wrist time of all my G's. I really like the model alot
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

A friend and I just opened his Rescue-series that he bought new earlier this year......Aside from the white plastic housing being a different shape the internals were similar, no rubber shock absorber on his either.

Sine Macula

Happy to read things are looking up for the watch ,Marc

Thread Information