GA-100 Too Big for 6.5" Wrist?

Thread: GA-100 Too Big for 6.5" Wrist?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA-100 Too Big for 6.5" Wrist?

Hello all,

Been reading these forums for a while but haven't had the need to make a thread until now.

The title pretty much says it all: Is a GA-100 too big for my small 6.5" wrist?

I know G-shocks are supposed to look somewhat large but I don't want to look like I have a train station clock on my wrist.

I'd normally go and try one on in a store but I can't find this specific color in any store locally.

If I were to order one it would be the black GA-100-1A1 model so I'm hoping that even though it is quite a large watch it won't be overly large "looking" as it is quite dark and understated (well, relatively for a G-shock anyways).

Looking forward to reading your replies,

~t

Re: GA-100 Too Big for 6.5" Wrist?

Hi,
    if you can wear a DW-6900 then you can wear a GA-100, too - they're the same 'lug-to-lug' size:

My wrist is 7 inch:

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Hi Sedi, according to Casio the GA-100 is actually 2mm longer (lug-lug) than the 6900-series. Because the 6900 is borderline for me I've also been having some second thoughts about the GA-100.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Hi,
    if you can wear a DW-6900 then you can wear a GA-100, too - they're the same 'lug-to-lug' size:

My wrist is 7 inch:

Greetings, Sedi
    The GA-100 is 55mm from lug to lug while the DW-6900 is 53mm, the GA-100 is also 1mm wider at 51mm compared to 50mm for the DW-6900 so it is a little bit bigger then a DW-6900. But I agree if you can pull off a DW-6900 then most of the time you will be fine with a GA-100 as well. But the GA-100 do wear significantly larger then a DW-6900 because it is ana/digi and has a larger face area while the DW-6900 has a large part of it that is the lugs and the light button area.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

I have a 6.5" wrist and I regularly wear a GA100 - I think it looks fine, not ridiculous like my GX56 (which I still love).

As for finding a GA100-1A1, my local Macys has had them for a couple of weeks now, that's where I got mine, I assume the rest of the U.S. should have them by now.
    NRA Life Member
    NJKCA Honorary Member
    ==================
    Breitling Chrono Avenger
    Breitling Steelfish
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Casio GMWB5000D-1 Steel Square
    Casio GWG1000-1A3 Mudmaster
    Citizen BN7020
    Seiko SRP639
    Sinn UX
    Victorinox Swiss Army Airboss Mach IV

Believe me guys - the GA-100 is not bigger than the DW-6900 - I had them both. Look at the pic again. It's exactly the same lug-to-lug size. Casio doesn't always have the specs right on their homepage. G-Shock.eu still claims the GW-9010 has an LED flasher which it clearly doesn't
    Line Up- G-SHOCK
    It does look bigger because of the bigger face and the button protectors.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

I have a 6.5" wrist and I have the GA-100 and also the G-6900. I'm not at home at the moment so I can't measure the lug to lug on both watches. It's possible that they are the same. But I definitely can say that the GA-100 looks bigger than the G-6900 (bigger display) and IMO the GA-100 looks to big for my 6.5" wrist.

Mike

depends on if you like big watch or not. i have 6.5" wrist and i've tried GA100 at the store. I think the watch wear fine, but the big and round crystal makes it looks pretty big. its "do-able" and i think it looks "ok" on my 6.5". IMO, i think it looks bigger than the 6900.

i didn't get it (even when they are onsale for $69, by mistake i believe) because they don't have the color that i want.

I've got 6.5" wrist, bought a white GA100 & sold it after I tried it on a few times as I felt it was too big for my wrist - the top & bottom kinda stuck out if you know what I mean. It looked too "loose" on the wrist.

I have both a glossy white GA100A-7A and several DW6900's (including a glossy white DW6900CS-7, which takes color out of the equation), and the GA100 "wears" larger than the DW6900 due to the shape of the case and the bezel and button designs.

BTW, I have 7.5" wrists, and they both fit well. Anything under 7", IMHO, would be too small to carry the watch properly. Again, just MHO.
    D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information