GA-1000-1AER hands stopped Help needed !
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: GA-1000-1AER hands stopped Help needed !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA-1000-1AER hands stopped Help needed !

Hi folks.

Really gutted my G Shock has stopped working.

The hour and minute hands have stopped moving. I recently had the batteries changed and have since had them rechecked and they are fine. The digital part and second hand work as they should it's just the hour and minute hand which are frozen. I've had it to the watch hospital and they have said they can't fix it without being around £150 so would!'t be worth it.

I've been in touch with Casio and there only advice is to send for an inspection and they will then advise cost to repair.

Anbody got any ideas what it could be or how much Casio could charge ?

thanks

Re: GA-1000-1AER hands stopped Help needed !

Why have the batteries been replaced? Probably who did that forgot to AC reset the watch. You will have to have it checked.
    Last edited by Subafan; February 13th, 2016 at 21:26.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

One intresting question is, why the batteries of this rather new model were already dead and to replace....

Quote Originally Posted by Subafan View Post
    Why have the batteries been replaced? Probably who did that forgot to AC reset the watch. You will have to have it checked.
    Subafan likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The battery's ran out so needed replacing. Took it to watch hospital and had them replaced and pressure test. It wad just over s week later that the hands stopped. Took it back to watch hospital in case I'd got a dodgy battery. They checked batteries and they were OK. Had a long chat to the guy who did the work and he seemed pretty fair and open, said he tried to reset it and had also tried to re-home the hands but they wouldn't move (other than the second hand which is fine). Had batteries can fitted from them in the past and no problems.

I bought the watch via eBay in August 2014 and first battery's failed after about 6 months, but I did use the auto illuminator every day pretty much. It was only after I learned this can drain the battery. The replacements have lasted about a year but I still use the auto light and mess about with the compass and temp every now and then.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Hmm...

Sounds like a dead module.
    You can try to claim warranty at Casio.
    If not warranty the module exchange would be not worth the money i suspect. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrivejack View Post
    I bought the watch via eBay in August 2014 and first battery's failed after about 6 months, but I did use the auto illuminator every day pretty much. It was only after I learned this can drain the battery. The replacements have lasted about a year but I still use the auto light and mess about with the compass and temp every now and then.

Yeah was worried it was going to be a dead duck. I did the product registration at Casio when I bought but got no proof of purchase so will just gave to try my luck. Thanks for all the help guys

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrivejack View Post
    Yeah was worried it was going to be a dead duck. I did the product registration at Casio when I bought but got no proof of purchase so will just gave to try my luck. Thanks for all the help guys
    Even if it's still considered in warranty past the one year mark, from what I've heard Casio only honors the warranty if the watch is purchased from an authorized dealer. This is why Casio watches purchased from third-party sellers on Amazon have a warranty from a company other than Casio, while watches purchased directly from Amazon have the Casio warranty.

I have the same GA 1000 watch and same problem.

After changing the original battery.. it wont last.. first from a couple of months, then to a couple of weeks the battery goes dead.

Took it to Casio and they wanted to change the MODULE... cost as much as a NEW GA1000.

I can only deduce that the GA 1000 has some kinda manufacturing defect and of course they wont admit it.

I bought the G-Shock because of its reliability. GA 1000 is a defective model and Casio should be socially responsible to replace and recall the GA 1000

Quote Originally Posted by William517 View Post

I bought the G-Shock because of its reliability.
    With respect, you bought the watch for it's looks, and/or functionality. Everyone expects reliability to be built in these days. You have been unlucky, as proportionally, the number of G Shocks sold to the ratio that go faulty is very low, though that doesn't help you one bit. If your watch is cosmetically sound, it may be worth you seeking a beat up model on an auction site and swapping the modules over yourself, will be much cheaper than Casio doing it...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information