GA 110 chapter ring removal
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By StephenWatch
  • 2 Post By Tetsu Tekubi

Thread: GA 110 chapter ring removal

GA 110 chapter ring removal

Hi Guys

I am launching into my first mod. I would like to paint some Lume on the indices of my GA 110. I have been looking around for instructions on how to remove the chapter ring and the only way I can see to do it is to pop the glass out. I'm obviously not entirely chuffed about doing this so was wondering if anyone knows a better way?

If popping the glass out is the only way does anyone have any advice for the best way to do it?

Trev

Re: GA 110 chapter ring removal

Wow, joined 2 years ago and your 1st post - well done! The mod you contemplate is a proper complicated one! I'm almost positive there was a YouTube video some years ago on this, and the glass remains intact. On re-building any watch, it's almost universal that the glass is placed in first, and everything else then layered in behind it. So sorry I can't remember the name of the guy who did it, I'm almost sure 'angel' was part of the name but honestly, I'm getting to that age where I could easily have just made the whole thing up. Hopefully someone sensible will be along soon for you...
    Prdrers and BenTan93 like this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Due to my low post count it won't let me post links to the glass removal/replacement videos I've found but they are posted by ECH EMH. It looks very simple to do but I'm guessing there some pro-tips out there for preserving the water seal.
    Trev

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    Wow, joined 2 years ago and your 1st post - well done! The mod you contemplate is a proper complicated one! I'm almost positive there was a YouTube video some years ago on this, and the glass remains intact. On re-building any watch, it's almost universal that the glass is placed in first, and everything else then layered in behind it. So sorry I can't remember the name of the guy who did it, I'm almost sure 'angel' was part of the name but honestly, I'm getting to that age where I could easily have just made the whole thing up. Hopefully someone sensible will be along soon for you...
    except for alot of Gs where the faceplate is wedged to the inner front of the case and the crystal holds it in from the front.
    StephenWatch and bncrpt like this.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Thread Information