Ga-110 -maratac adapters, 4 ring or 2 ring zulu?
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Ga-110 -maratac adapters, 4 ring or 2 ring zulu?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ga-110 -maratac adapters, 4 ring or 2 ring zulu?

Hello gents,
    Strap of my ga-110 is seperating at the buckle so i want to replace it but want to use zulus to add some spice to it.I want to use maratac adapters with zulus but not sure if i need 4 ring or 2 ring.I read with some adapters 2 ring (1 piece) bands dont have any friction to hold watch head and need other rings to hold it.
    But they also state with the adapters some g shocks can be too long to fit between rings.
    Any personal experience with ga-110? Without the strap ga-110 is 50 mm lug to lug but dont now the measurements of adapters or space between rings on maratac zulus.
    Sorry for long post just dont want to but a non fitting combo.

Re: Ga-110 -maratac adapters, 4 ring or 2 ring zulu?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu15 View Post
    I read with some adapters 2 ring (1 piece) bands dont have any friction to hold watch head and need other rings to hold it.
    There are two dimensions on the strap which will provide friction to hold the watch head: the strap's width and the strap thickness. Zulu straps (with oval rings) are traditionally thicker than NATO straps (with rectangular rings), so if you want the strap to fit snugly a Zulu is probably the better choice. You don't say which type of adapters you're planning on using, but Casio's own adapters are designed to be used with their own 23mm velcro straps. Using those adapters with 22mm straps mean there's not as much friction to hold the watch head in place; using those adapters with 24mm straps generally means there's either "more friction," "plenty of friction" or "too much friction" when people here complain that it was difficult to mount the watch.

I currently have five watches mounted on Casio adapter and 24mm Zulu straps -- the type without the extra rings and fabric flap. There's enough friction to hold the watches in place, and it's slightly harder to insert the strap into the lugs than it would be with a 22mm strap, but it's not as if I've had to use pliers or a screwdriver to mount the straps.

But they also state with the adapters some g shocks can be too long to fit between rings.
    Exactly -- if the size of the watch plus adapters is too long for the extra fabric flap, that can cause the watch to "ride up" above the wrist, as seen in pictures in this thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/mar...on-462199.html

(I recently discovered that broadarrow.net specifically cautions AGAINST using adapters with NATO straps because of this issue.)

Any personal experience with ga-110? Without the strap ga-110 is 50 mm lug to lug but dont now the measurements of adapters or space between rings on maratac zulus.
    In theory, it's a relatively simple mathematical equation: the length of "extra flap" minus distance between adapters equals whether or not the strap will ride up. If there's more "flap" then it won't ride up; if there's more "distance between adapters" it MIGHT ride up and then that leads to another complicated equation involving the circumference and the shape of the wearer's wrist.

In reality, it's more complicated than that, espeically since different manufacturers use different length flaps on their straps.

Based on my own collection and recent acquisition of a GA-110, I really can't see how that model is going to fit well on a strap with an extra flap and rings. People have had problems with smaller models like the DW-5600E riding up, and Casio isn't kidding when they call the GA-100/110 an "X-Large Case" -- so unless you can find a strap with an extremely long "flap" your best bet is probably going to be to go with a 2- or 3-ring Zulu strap!

On the other hand, if you REALLY like the look of the extra rings and flaps, it's a very easy fix to cut off the extra flap if a particular watch doesn't fit, thus converting it to the other style of strap.
    Zulu15 and GaryK30 like this.

Thank you for detailed reply, appreciated.I want to buy my straps from broadarrow so i will use maratac adapters so i can combine shipping.They are quite similar to casio adapters if im not mistaken.
    They say 4 ring zulus might not fit and if ga110 is on the larger side of gshocks as you said(dont know other models) you are right it will ride up.
    I will prefer 3 rings actually just wanted to be sure if it will secure nicely with 24 mm and with maratac zulus being quite nice thickness its not gonna be a problem i think then.
    Thank you now its a matter of choosing the colors i guess.
    Also how do you like using them on adapters? I have nothig against standart strap just wanted to change little bit, also manipulating standart strap with gloves+wet suit when i go to spearfishing is kinda hard.

Sent from my SM-G900FQ using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for detailed reply, appreciated.I want to buy my straps from broadarrow so i will use maratac adapters so i can combine shipping.They are quite similar to casio adapters if im not mistaken.
    All of the evidence we've seen here over the years indicate that Broadarrow's adapters ARE Casio adapters, down to the decorative ridges. (I've done the math in other threads, but even if they're buying them from a Casio supplier at retail prices of $4 per pair and then marking them up to $12 a pair, that's a nice profit margin -- it gets even better if they're buying wholesale or in large enough quantities that their shipping is free.) The only adapters that resemble Casio adapters -- but aren't -- are those found on eBay from JaysAndKays.

Also how do you like using them on adapters? I have nothig against standart strap just wanted to change little bit, also manipulating standart strap with gloves+wet suit when i go to spearfishing is kinda hard.
    Obviously I like G-Shocks on adapters or I wouldn't have put FIVE watches on them! I first started using adapters because I didn't like the "strap gap" that seems to be common with some of the 6900 series models: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/ski...ex-676089.html

Once I put my first GW-6900 on adapters, I started to appreciate the fact that the watch is more secure, since losing one springbar doesn't mean that the entire watch will fall off the wrist! I also liked the way the DW-5600E fits MY wrist better on adapters, and I finally put my GW-2300 on adapters since the red "trim" ring perfectly matches the dark red shade of Zulu straps.

Just a little update adapters and straps arrived and ive been wearing it for 1 day right now i quite like it.Putting back spring bars without proper tool was pita was doable.
    And true 4 ring zulu doesnt fit , 24mm 2 ring zulu fits right(mine is acu grey)

Sent from my SM-G900FQ using Tapatalk
    Mike K and ruizjaime26 like this.

Suspended

I expect that you'll find a better fit on the GA110 as well as all the other G(X)1(XX) with the JaysAndKays GShock adapters. Also making these in digital patterns with matching bezel/adapters. Feel free to message me if interested or have any thoughts to share.

Name:  IMG_20160213_141629.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  300.4 KB

Name:  Deser Camo .jpg
Views: 168
Size:  120.2 KB
    Last edited by jaysandkays; February 13th, 2016 at 23:24.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysandkays View Post
    I expect that you'll find a better fit on the GA110 as well as all the other G(X)1(XX) with the JaysAndKays GShock adapters. Also making these in digital patterns with matching bezel/adapters. Feel free to message me if interested or have any thoughts to share.
    Since the thread started as a discussion about 2-ring vs 4-ring (or 3- vs 5-ring as a lot of us call them) it's probably worth noting that all of your adapters appear to be packaged with 3-ring straps. Are these larger GA-110 type watches going to fit on a 5-ring style strap with your adapters? (I'm guessing they're not, for reasons listed above.)

The digital camo bezels and adapters do look awesome, though!
    Last edited by Mike K; February 14th, 2016 at 18:12. Reason: jaysandkays DOES sell 5-ring straps as well, I apparently didn't look hard enough.
    GaryK30 likes this.

Suspended

I replied to his post containing the comment, "...Putting back spring bars without proper tool was pita..." OEM adapters are a pain to install on many G models without trimming them. The JaysAndKays fit perfectly on this model.

Your comment about having only 20mm is not correct. Have 5-ring from 20-24mm.

I don't recommend a 5-ring or NATO with these. Most NATO or 5-ring don't have long enough short strap section to accommodate the case diameter/length plus the added length of the adapters. Keoni adapters might be short enough.

Last edited by jaysandkays; February 14th, 2016 at 09:52.
    BeaVis PaLigis likes this.

Your comment about having only 20mm is not correct. Have 5-ring from 20-24mm.
    I'm sorry -- you're right! For some reason, I did not see them in your store last night, and I fixed the above post.

I don't recommend a 5-ring or NATO with these. Most NATO or 5-ring don't have long enough short strap section to accommodate the case diameter/length plus the added length of the adapters. Keoni adapters might be short enough.
    Thanks -- it's great to have more confirmation about this "problem" and I suspected that's why your adapter kits don't come with that style of strap!
    Last edited by Mike K; February 14th, 2016 at 18:13.

Hello jaysandkays! I wonder if you have adapters and bullbars for 5600 and 6900 as well.🐶🐶

Name:  IMG_20160213_141629.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  300.4 KB

Name:  Deser Camo .jpg
Views: 168
Size:  120.2 KB

hawlrite!
    Hawlrite!
    PaLigis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information