GA-110 randomly resets to incorrect data (timezone, date, time, hand position, speed hand position)

Thread: GA-110 randomly resets to incorrect data (timezone, date, time, hand position, speed hand position)

GA-110 randomly resets to incorrect data (timezone, date, time, hand position, speed hand position)

I've got a brand new GA-110, that reset last night, and again during the day.

It went from being set correctly in the YEA time zone to TYO, 12/31/2004 with the time being incorrect, the analog hands not matching that time, and the speed hand "zero" position being incorrect.

After it was incorrect this morning I set everything correctly (including the hands and speed hand "0" position), but it did it again.

I saw a few similar posts but none that really match my situation, with the watch being brand new. Has anyone encountered this?
    Rodina "Small Seconds" (White/Blue), Orient Mako(Pepsi), Casio A178W, Casio Edifice EF340SB-1A1V, Casio AE-1200WH-1AV, Vostok Amphibian Ministry - Teal "modern" dial, 1953 Eterna-matic Birks Challenger

Re: GA-110 randomly resets to incorrect data (timezone, date, time, hand position, speed hand positi

try to put in a new battery and perform reset, if it doesn't help then you might have a faulty module -

Re: GA-110 randomly resets to incorrect data (timezone, date, time, hand position, speed hand positi

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    try to put in a new battery and perform reset, if it doesn't help then you might have a faulty module -
    This or it has a bad battery contact that causes it to shut off from lack of power from the battery and then it resets when it regains contact.

If it's new and easy to return to a store or online vendor I would do that. A new watch should not do this.
    “Time is an illusion.” ― Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I opened the watch and did a reset which seems to have fixed the issue, however, now part of the dial is a bit crooked, as it seems there's nothing keeping the movement tightly in place. Oh well, that's fixable.
    Rodina "Small Seconds" (White/Blue), Orient Mako(Pepsi), Casio A178W, Casio Edifice EF340SB-1A1V, Casio AE-1200WH-1AV, Vostok Amphibian Ministry - Teal "modern" dial, 1953 Eterna-matic Birks Challenger

it's because the module is not fitted exactly where it should be

Thread Information