GA-110C hour hand off
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: GA-110C hour hand off

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA-110C hour hand off

Hi f17 mates.

I just received an ebay win GA-110C, (used), and have chucked in a new battery.

The slightly annoying thing is that on setting the hands into their Home Position, the hour hand is either one or two clicks ahead of the minute hand?

I'm assuming the hands are linked therefore no way to match them up? I would try getting the module out and keeping the minute hand still while trying to move the hour hand but wouldn't want to break anything.

It's not a huge game changer, but I am a bit an*l about this sort of thing.

Photos below of them at "12", and then matched together:

Cheers!

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Re: GA-110C hour hand off

One clue for unlinked hands is that when you adjust the time, the hand and hour hand would move independent.

I believe some of the older analogs have a some way to set the hands manually, but that should be listed in the owner manual.

Otherwise and this may be a long shot, but you may try the ZJAZZ method as described in this thread:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/how-manually-adjust-hands-tough-movement-gs-yes-its-possible-4373826.html

I don't know of any other remedy, short of physically removing the hands.

Quote Originally Posted by WES51 View Post
    One clue for unlinked hands is that when you adjust the time, the hand and hour hand would move independent.

I believe some of the older analogs have a some way to set the hands manually, but that should be listed in the owner manual.

Otherwise and this may be a long shot, but you may try the ZJAZZ method as described in this thread:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/how-manually-adjust-hands-tough-movement-gs-yes-its-possible-4373826.html

I don't know of any other remedy, short of physically removing the hands.
    Cheers Wes, yeah long shot unfortunately as it didn't work for me. I don't think these are tough movement modules anyway. Also I'm pretty sure the hour and minute hands don't move independently of each other.

It's such a minute detail that I'm sure I won't even notice, especially with it being the hour hand. It would bug me more if the minute hand was not hitting the markers correctly!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear that. However, because of the linked hands, physically resetting the hands via hand removal/reinstallation may be a bit easier. The lack of a second hand makes this already easier to begin with. So it might be an interesting weekend project, which admittingly I personally would not dare doing.

This is pretty common. The hour hand on my first GA-100 was off by about 5 minutes. I exchanged it for another, which is off about 2 minutes.

You can probably fix this by going into hand alignment mode, pointing the hour hand to 12, removing the minute hand (which will be at several minutes before 12) and putting it back on pointing to 12.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    This is pretty common. The hour hand on my first GA-100 was off by about 5 minutes. I exchanged it for another, which is off about 2 minutes.

You can probably fix this by going into hand alignment mode, pointing the hour hand to 12, removing the minute hand (which will be at several minutes before 12) and putting it back on pointing to 12.
    Cheers @GaryK30, that's a bit too scary for me to try!

The two are literally one click of the minute hand away from each other so unless I happen to see them together I'll never notice it anyhow.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    Cheers @GaryK30, that's a bit too scary for me to try!

The two are literally one click of the minute hand away from each other so unless I happen to see them together I'll never notice it anyhow.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
    One click of the minute hand, which is 20 seconds, works out to 4 minutes of hour hand misalignment. In other words, the hour hand will point to 12 at about 4 minutes to noon or midnight. This is probably noticeable on the top of the hour, especially at 12, 3, 6 and 9.

Someone previously suggested that with this and similar models, it may be possible to nudge the minute hand forward without actually removing it.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    One click of the minute hand, which is 20 seconds, works out to 4 minutes of hour hand misalignment. In other words, the hour hand will point to 12 at about 4 minutes to noon or midnight. This is probably noticeable on the top of the hour, especially at 12, 3, 6 and 9.

Someone previously suggested that with this and similar models, it may be possible to nudge the minute hand forward without actually removing it.
    I might give it a go with seeing if it will move on the stem if I hold the other still.

I don't have a hand remover anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    I might give it a go with seeing if it will move on the stem if I hold the other still.

I don't have a hand remover anyway.

I think it was our Australian friend TT (formerly SBM) who suggested it. I haven't tried it, but it kind of makes sense, especially with relatively strong hands that are not likely to bend in the process. I sure wouldn't try it on a watch with thin, delicate hands.

With the GA-110 and similar, I'm not sure how long the hands will stay in the hand alignment mode. You wouldn't want them automatically moving about while you're trying to adjust them. Of course, you could always pull the battery when the hour hand is pointed to 12, then move the minute hand while the watch is not powered.

As far as removing the minute hand only. I'm not sure that alone might work. I think that would create misalignment with the watches internal time keeping.

So I think both hands have to come off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information