GA/D-1XX series (da hunnerds)
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Chrisek
  • 1 Post By CanonMan

Thread: GA/D-1XX series (da hunnerds)

GA/D-1XX series (da hunnerds)

A thread came up recently about which series is your favorite. I realized that my wallet voted for the XL's. I'm currently up to 9, and I can see a couple more. This really surprised me as I just didn't realize it. Not as crazy as Aviators or Frogs, or even Master of G's. I like these a lot. I find the bodies very comfortable and the features work for me as a basic watch. There is another thread celebrating the Analogs of this family, I didn't realize this so I thought I'd start a "whole family" thread. For what it's worth, here's mine:

Name:  Bananas upright.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  492.2 KB

To me this is how they are populating my collection! In any case, gonna start posting reviews shortly. Do you have love for your XL's? Post up!
    Sjors, Shocker and Sengyoku like this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

I don't have an XL yet but I do like bananas. Does that count?

:cool:

Sent through Tapatalk on HTCs Desire.
    Sjors likes this.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Re: GA/D-1XX series (da hunnerds)

I fell in love with GD100. I bought two in about 2 weeks time....
    It might seem strange but I cannot stand GA100 instead.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I only like the GA-110's and GD-100, but I would love to have such a big banana tree in the garden. I love home made Banana Milkshake with fresh banana's and Pisang Goreng (baked banana's).

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

I've accumulated a few GA-110s without paying too much attention! I was attracted to the 110s in particular after I first saw the evangelion special editions (being an Eva fan helped).

The complex design just had that Mecha feel and suited the Eva collaboration perfectly...although I'll have to accept that I probably won't ever own one of the Eva models with their exorbitant pricetags!

Interestingly enough, I don't feel as much for the GA-100s either, the only one that I have a bit of affection for is the yellow bumblebee version. I'm on the hunt for a GD, just haven't got round to getting one yet! I was about to pull the trigger on a MS-3, but then I'm now strangely attracted to the new Rasta and Garish black versions...

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1341063466376.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  46.7 KB

Started off with the 1A but was too run-of-the-mill, so offloaded it. Now have the 1B and MS-3 and happy with both.

Chrisek, I wonder if you can help. I'm very interested in the GA150 series, especially the GA150-7A, the white one. I am curious about the color of the hands. I have a feeling the hands on the white one are the same color as the hands of your black one. This color is hard to discern; even a forum member told me they are painted white. I didn't want to argue. They look so white in all pics and even the videos, but didn't you tell me they are bare, chrome metal?

If you've answered this before, please forgive me. Do the hands on your GA!50 have paint on them? Do you know if the white GA150 have hands the same color?

On the black one they seem unpainted but matted or rough vs shiny metal/aluminum. If you would like to see some beautiful photos of the hands, i'm gonna have to send you treasure hunting (sorry). Go to reviews. Hit on the GA150 review. In the first couple of sentences i link to a mini review by main with some fantastic photos.
    To be clear, he and i are referring to the 1a, NOT the brilliant black.
    I have not seen the white one (yet), so i am unsure. Let me see what i can find out.
    Hope this helps.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Thread Information