WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

GA100A-7A or GA100-1A1

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  thunderzy 
#1 · (Edited)
Going to the mall today. Probably going to buy another G-Shock. I'm really liking the GA100 models. I have the option of either the stealth black (GA100-1A1) or the White (GA100-7A). I know these are two total different ends of the spectrum in color. I already have a DW6900MS-1, Raysman grey black, black and red GX56, and Blue Surfrider 5500. I would like to add some color to my collection, but just cant seem to take my eyes off the all black. What do you guys think? White or black GA100?

I'll be buying from Nordstrom because I have a gift card there, and my sister in law works there. Which gives me the 20% discount. Take a look at what they have here. I'm willing to consider other options. Thanks

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/mens-wa...ability=false&lastfilter=brand&sizeFinderId=0

#4 ·
Personally I like the white one the best (based only on pictures - I haven't seen one in person) and that is the one I am planning to get but it is a matter of personal preference. I can't speak of its quality specifically but I've never had an issue of color coming off of any of my casio watch bands (even the ones I wear to the beach all the time). If I get the GA-100 I doubt I'll wear it when I go swimming anyhow.

#6 ·
#7 ·
stealthy black was my choice. But, remember the dial is so dark! the white hands are amazing for telling time fast! but if you fiddle with functions and need to read the small windows, then the white version is better IMO. Full lighting on the black version dial is needed to see clearly the readouts..( never use the multifunctions, so the steath black is very KOOL!

G shock GA 100 shots 010 by thianwong1, on Flickr

#9 ·
Very disappointed in myself. Purposely went to the mall without a watch on with the intention of buying one. Tried on the white, too glossy for me. Matte white is one thing, but glossy white is something I can't pull off. Tried on the stealth, and I loved it. Just not convinced I need yet another all black watch in my collection. I also have a Suunto core all black, as well as a vector black. In addition to what I mentioned above.

On the other hand the GD100 did catch my eye. Now I'm turning my attention toward the gd-100sc line. The white model there looks more my speed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.