The GA700 line of watches are pretty good, except they lack the Auto-Light function.
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: The GA700 line of watches are pretty good, except they lack the Auto-Light function.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The GA700 line of watches are pretty good, except they lack the Auto-Light function.

Since Casio introduced this model last year with the 3 basic colour variations they really started to explore more exotic colour combinations very recently, such as the GA700SE-1A9, the GA700BY-1A and the GA700SKZ-7A.

The model that caught my eye was the GA700SE-1A9. The red and yellow of the chapter ring and hour markers really popped and the hands, which are notoriously small, looked easy to read cause they're yellow against the black background. Did a bit of looking around, liked the specs and the real life pics I was seeing so I ordered it off the Canada G-Sock site who had the best price what with 10% off and free shipping. My authorized dealer couldn't order it directly through them for some strange reason but that's a whole other story.

I got the watch and loved it immediately. Started setting it up and when I went to put the Auto-Light function on, I saw there wasn't an option for that. Went through the manual and saw that it wasn't a feature available on the watch. I'm a little bummed it doesn't have it as it's my favourite feature on G's. All 9 of my other ones have it so I just assumed this one would too, but you know what they say when you assume something...

I still really like the watch and won't be returning it or getting rid of it but sufficed to say, I wish it had the feature. I thought all modern G's would have it by now. Are there any recent models that don't have that feature as of right now?
    Monzer and stevenkelby like this.

Re: The GA700 line of watches are pretty good, except they lack the Auto-Light function.

I really like the tan one from the utility colors series. I don't ever use the auto light on non-solar models, so I'm honestly not sure which models have it and which don't. This thread needs pictures.
    (Courtesy of G Central via Google)

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

"I think he's referring to the design style that's typically called a 'field watch', not necessarily the best watch to take into the field. But yeah, G-Shock ftw." - WUS User 'GuySie'

Re: The GA700 line of watches are pretty good, except they lack the Auto-Light function.

Quote Originally Posted by Prdrers View Post
    I really like the tan one from the utility colors series. I don't ever use the auto light on non-solar models, so I'm honestly not sure which models have it and which don't. This thread needs pictures.
    (Courtesy of G Central via Google)

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Sorry here you go:
    Prdrers and stevenkelby like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

that could be the reason for the oversized light button.

disclosure, i have the SZ coming in.
    Prdrers and Piston Honda like this.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

When I was making a review of it, I was also surprised it lacked the auto light, because it became so common I thought they are standard on all new models :)

Since I never use it on any of my watches it really doesn't bother me at all, and the thing I like the most about this model are the hands

WatchGeek YT Channel
    Piston Honda likes this.

Do their other analog watches have an autolight?
    Piston Honda likes this.
    A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn), makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value, not something to be wasted.

A man wearing an ostentatiously expensive watch makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers little.

GA-700 is a fantastic new line...i like my strap moded standard version...

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckDELTA View Post
    Do their other analog watches have an autolight?
    Yes both the GA100 and GA110 lines, which are the most comparable I'd say, have them.

lvt

Auto-light is a battery killer function, it's not really important when you have lumed markers on the dial. Moreover, the backlight is usually activated for a very short time which does doesn't have much help with the watch's other operations.

Sent from my LG-H630 using Tapatalk
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    Auto-light is a battery killer function, it's not really important when you have lumed markers on the dial. Moreover, the backlight is usually activated for a very short time which does doesn't have much help with the watch's other operations.

Sent from my LG-H630 using Tapatalk
    wow, no wonder u have so many posts...

the GA-700 has no lume at all.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information