gain or lose : your non radiocontrolled G's precision

Thread: gain or lose : your non radiocontrolled G's precision

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

gain or lose : your non radiocontrolled G's precision

I've been scrutinizing my DW5600E for about 10 days now and came to a conclusion that the little boy gains a whopping half second a day.
    If you are wondering if that may bother me yes,it really bothers me a lot. The radiocontrolled addiction got me truly addicted to up to the second precision . I mean,it's not a big deal if you think of it,it's actually the -/+ 15 seconds Casio talks about,but you know the feeling.

Nothing relevant to say about my new Mudoman,it just gained a second and a half in since I've got it 2 weeks ago. I really hope my incoming Mudman MX8 will be as much as consistent .

And the winner is .......the infamous F91W . Unbelivably consistent.

Now here is the main question ( of course the DW5600 case do not apply) : it's our non radiocontrolled watches that gain or lose or it's the atomic hour that update and change depending on the season/earth rotation or whatever it may be ?? Or maybe a mix of both things...
    Last edited by gettocard; September 7th, 2010 at 14:45.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: gain or lose : your non radiocontrolled G's precision

Quote Originally Posted by gettocard View Post

Now here is the main question ( of course the DW5600 case do not apply) : it's our non radiocontrolled watches that gain or lose or it's the atomic hour that update and change depending on the season/earth rotation or whatever it may be ?? Or maybe a mix of both things...
    The atomic watches are accurate down to the signal running time from sender to receiver (italy: about 500-1000km at light speed 300000km/s) + module processing time (some milliseconds i guess).
    There is no deviation in that part.
    At the evening the atomic watch might be half a second off because it syncs only once a day in the early morning hours.

But the usual quatz movements are always not that accurate.
    The biggest influence is the temperature, even wearing it or not wearing it makes a difference.
    The hotter the faster.
    I strapped one G to the bar of my motocycle.
    In winter it looses 30s, in summer it gains 30s.
    In fall (around these days) it spot on.
    So if there is a strange running behavior of your non-atomic Gs, its probably caused by hot napoli summers or cold dolomiti winters.

Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    The atomic watches are accurate down to the signal running time from sender to receiver (italy: about 500-1000km at light speed 300000km/s) + module processing time (some milliseconds i guess).
    There is no deviation in that part.
    At the evening the atomic watch might be half a second off because it syncs only once a day in the early morning hours.

But the usual quatz movements are always not that accurate.
    The biggest influence is the temperature, even wearing it or not wearing it makes a difference.
    The hotter the faster.
    I strapped one G to the bar of my motocycle.
    In winter it looses 30s, in summer it gains 30s.
    In fall (around these days) it spot on.
    So if there is a strange running behavior of your non-atomic Gs, its probably caused by hot napoli summers or cold dolomiti winters.
    I can´t live anymore without atomic watches...my prw - 1500 gains 0.1 second in every 1 million years and that´s pissing me of to
    - Casio Protrek PRW-1500-1VER -

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

i stoped to care about RC quite a while ago and live much happier since. my average g-shock gains about 6 seconds per month and even if I don't sync them for a half year i couldn't care less. however, two of my casios - the G-7710 and the SGW-100 - doesn't seem to have any aberration at all, ironically two of the cheapest...

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

well i love this technology.
    - Casio Protrek PRW-1500-1VER -

Out of all my not atomic Gs, the only one I always find going faster is my 7800. My 6900 and my 7710 run spot on.
    Stowa Marine Automatic solid silver dial Hamilton Jazzmaster Power Reserve | Jazzmaster Viewmatic Seiko 5 SNZD13J1 | 5 SNZE87J1 Parnis Power Reserve Accurist Kinetic Chronograph MB 560 Casio (G-Shock) GW50001JF | DW5200C | DW5600C | DW5600R3 | G7800B1DR | DW6600 |​ DW6630B (modded) Casio (Protrek) PRG-240B

Since going atomic I have become obssesed with the accuracy of my watches.
    I don't feel comfortable wearing non-atomic quartz watches..but still love, love, love my automatic Seamaster 225450

Atomic is a great feature in my view - after all the quest with watches has always been about being as precise as possible.

Saying that, my G7710 that I sync'd with my RC sync'd GW2000B has almost imperceptibly lost <1 second in close to 6 weeks - astonishing accuracy that knocks spots off of any mech' I have ever owned as well as the quartz offerings of Omega & Breitling.

Not bad for a <£50 watch!
    Current watches:

Casio GW-2000B
    Casio G-7710
    Rolex Explorer

I've yet to own a quartz watch of any description that isn't accurate to within 20 seconds a month. That'll do.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I dont understand the attraction of atomic Gs. Im in the UK and I have a casio waveceptor (OK not a G) which was supposed to sync during the night while you sleep. I would place it on table beside bed and every morning I would check it and it never synced. The only way I could get it to sync was if I took it off and placed it on the window cill and then did a manual sync - sometimes it worked sometimes it did not. It started to annoy me so I switched function off. The only time I find atomic function really useful is when the clocks change from summer time to winter time. All the digital casios ive had over the years have kept near or perfect time anyway.

I cant help but think this is just another way casio can relaunch the same model with slightly different number for a higher price. This whole routine reminds me of the trick Nokia used to do mobile phones when they used launch a phone twice ie 6310 and then a couple of months later with the 6310i.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information