GAS-100 Owners Thread
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: GAS-100 Owners Thread

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GAS-100 Owners Thread

Picked up a GAS-100B-1A yesterday, the first time I've seen one for sale anywhere (including online):

Name:  DSC05833.JPG
Views: 525
Size:  131.1 KB

Thumbnail review:

Size is pretty much the same as GA-100; weight a fraction more and overall it feels just a very small step more solid and premium. The hands are nicely legible, the metallised indices slightly less so in all conditions though they do catch the light interestingly from certain angles. Lume on the hands is adequate, no lume on the indices. The lighting has an LED for the ana-bit and backlighting for the LCDs. The dial has a grey sunburst that is much more evident in RL than in the product shots. The overall impression of this particular model is quite muted and under-the-radar - possibly too muted for some - but with a nice hidden little sparkle on the face.

Name:  DSC05832.JPG
Views: 514
Size:  142.4 KB
    GaryK30, greg1491, kevio and 3 others like this.

Re: GAS-100 Owners Thread

Man, if they put the module with the lumed indices and neon illuminator in there, I may have to get one.
    When there is doubt, there is no doubt.

Gonna buy one in the next few weeks when i dont have to go across the city for it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice watch

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
    Man, if they put the module with the lumed indices and neon illuminator in there, I may have to get one.
    +1 100% agreed
    Phreddo likes this.
    Watches are fun IF you don't take them seriously.
    Too many watches for my signature... this is my SOTC thread on f71

Not at all embarrassed in this company:

Name:  DSC05834.JPG
Views: 410
Size:  156.9 KB

I must have really lucked out finding one of these - it's still listed as 'coming soon' on the G-shock site, and I can't see any others for sale anywhere, on or offline.
    Piowa and MainePorsche like this.

How are the 3 dials? Im always wary of negative displays. This watch looks so good though!

I would rate them as "not bad, for negative displays". Quite clear when they catch the light right, otherwise dim. They are much clearer (and larger) than those on my GST-W300 (which I struggle to read even in bright light), and maybe slightly clearer than my GST-100 - which is odd, since the module should be the same - maybe something about the filter or the glass.

The hands are very legible though, so at least you aren't peering at a negative display to read the time...

How's that three dials legibility compared to AWGM100 series? Slightly larger in diameter?
    Quote Originally Posted by huwp View Post
    I would rate them as "not bad, for negative displays". Quite clear when they catch the light right, otherwise dim. They are much clearer (and larger) than those on my GST-W300 (which I struggle to read even in bright light), and maybe slightly clearer than my GST-100 - which is odd, since the module should be the same - maybe something about the filter or the glass.

The hands are very legible though, so at least you aren't peering at a negative display to read the time...

Quote Originally Posted by huwp View Post

Lume on the hands is adequate, no lume on the indices. The lighting has an LED for the ana-bit and backlighting for the LCDs.
    Just curious, the variant I tried on had the most amazing 'green' LED in it, is yours the standard white?

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/cas...p-4529729.html
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post
    How's that three dials legibility compared to AWGM100 series? Slightly larger in diameter?
    No idea sorry.

Kinda surprised there hasn't been more interest in this model - I really like mine. Maybe it is a bit of an understated sleeper and some wilder colours will bring more people round.

Name:  DSC05970.JPG
Views: 365
Size:  198.3 KB
    Last edited by huwp; October 11th, 2017 at 23:18.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information